Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2016, 06:13:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
246594 Posts in 7383 Topics by 2383 Members
Latest Member: xxkinsmanxx
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Explorers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Explorers  (Read 1336 times)
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »

Anyone get this game for 3DS? Started it last night and there are a lot of interesting mechanics in this game. In fact, I expected this game to be a lot simpler. The grind is pretty real but with a full team it's looking like a very engaging time.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 06:23:40 PM »

Just did my first co-op Eidolon battle and can now say this game is definitely legit! Reminds me of the FFXIV Eidolon battles if the attack pattern was random and they succumbed to elemental weaknesses.

Also the ability crafting system is probably the best feature in this game. Right now I have a Cure I'm quite proud of with added Protect and Regen effects.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:27:06 PM by Klutz64 » Logged

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 06:59:49 PM »

Just did my first co-op Eidolon battle and can now say this game is definitely legit! Reminds me of the FFXIV Eidolon battles if the attack pattern was random and they succumbed to elemental weaknesses.

Also the ability crafting system is probably the best feature in this game. Right now I have a Cure I'm quite proud of with added Protect and Regen effects.
May buy this tonight....not sure yet.

TASTY!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »

Just beat odin with a friend, the later eidolan fights get pretty hard. I like how enemies get more attacks as the difficulty goes up. If anyone wants to add me in game, my friend code is 3153 3339 9604. It has a cool system where you can send your friends characters off to gathering quests and stuff.

Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 06:28:58 AM »

Just bought this yesterday, played for about 2 hours. It's not bad, but I didn't realize it was more like monster hunter than traditional FF title. I'll keep at this for a while and toss my friend code up here later today if anyone's interested in multiplayer.

TASTY!
Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 07:41:10 PM »

Friend code is 2337-4480-1036. Just fought my first eidolon, after eating it once, I came back strong by abusing deflect and blood weapon. Fun times.

TASTY!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 01:51:46 PM »

deflect is love, deflect is life. It's important to the point I put it on a lot of other melee classes even though it takes up double load. There are some attacks later on that you can't deflect though.

Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 04:22:53 PM »

deflect is love, deflect is life. It's important to the point I put it on a lot of other melee classes even though it takes up double load. There are some attacks later on that you can't deflect though.
It really, really is. That move just eats everything. I just went dark knight and put it on, still keeps everything in control.

My only real gripe with the game at this point is the online questing is kind of retarded. If you join a room with a quest in progress, you can't join up on them, you get stuck waiting. Seems like a dumb move, like couldn't that make the room inaccessible or something instead of joining a room and waiting for the leader to either quit his current run (lol yeah right) or finish up?  Really a minor gripe, but still...

TASTY!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 03:13:36 PM »

fun facts, there is a final fantasy tactics style infinite CP glitch. Also, been rerolling crafting thiefs anklet for like an hour trying to get absorb ap and hp on it, that item makes casting classes so much better.

Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 05:49:07 PM »

fun facts, there is a final fantasy tactics style infinite CP glitch.

Is it called 'playing the game'? 'Cause holy crap is the game generous with the CP

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »

fun facts, there is a final fantasy tactics style infinite CP glitch.

Is it called 'playing the game'? 'Cause holy crap is the game generous with the CP
I was thinking that too, but I noticed that stuff is starting to go up in price quickly...plus upgrading gear costs cp...I say this while holding about 100k cp atm.

TASTY!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »

it becomes an issue later, many of my upgrades take 50k CP each

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: