Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 07:05:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327633 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Path of Exile
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 3340 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 11:43:46 PM »

I wouldn't say surprisingly awesome since it's been awesome for a really long time-- but yes, it's very awesome :D

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
mainmango
Let's Play Youtuber

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »

For those who have played the steam release; have their been any significant changes? I played the game before it was on Steam and only put in a few hours before uninstalling. Are the changes big enough to try the game again?

Let's Play Series in progress:
Dragon Quest VIII
DMC: Devil May Cry
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 02:42:02 PM »

It's like before but with more of everything.
More Gear
More maps
More runes
More passives
More classes (ok, 1 more)

Scion looks really good for really spread builds. For example, I want to try a summoner + aura build using it.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9bbWS2osZCDCUZx4Ygdqv5Jb57KSsM6m7UZivsJ9toaj1YtrH8tg5cGxKK0DJMnHNx_xhGWcLvZEy9vflknqQhnkzq9Jxg8-eiCxyj66-64kwx9EH_GnqcIFVDa3Y9GHRTpc_rSFy-G0SSwgKRk51XW8pebXaiaWlJKyG6qtfKpbngNWK826DpSDjwnC0KjdgjBxYhC8h0sv-wYw23T-6h9WpFqrNkLKpj6gNDQm6H318y8EJdEBIVgqsRNuUjnv5fJPfIena4abKasiECQM0ZpZKMaVZrMMHXh2u-GvrudDqBCiFre5U-_Q1Qd2Ycp
mainmango
Let's Play Youtuber

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »

Alright. I'm downloading PoE now. I'm glad they changed over to Steam. Should give me a good opportunity to make some collaborative Youtube videos with someone as well.

Let's Play Series in progress:
Dragon Quest VIII
DMC: Devil May Cry
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »

if people wanna do some co-op I'm in, haven't checked out the new stuff and still on my hardcore run with friends

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 11:07:29 AM »

Been playing this the last couple of days. Not bad at all for a free game....pretty much a Diablo clone though. Not sure how they can get away with that without Blizzard getting all fired up.

doh
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 11:15:24 AM »

Been playing this the last couple of days. Not bad at all for a free game....pretty much a Diablo clone though. Not sure how they can get away with that without Blizzard getting all fired up.

Because there is zero ground at all for Blizzard to do anything about it since its 2 completely different products both developed from scratch ?

Doom never lawsuited Quake...
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 10:35:08 PM »

I've kind of done a 180 on this one since it went on Steam. Seems a bit more stable aside from slight synchronization issues but I'm really enjoying it. Just takes a while to really get going. Got my ranger to 15 and its really opening up for character customization.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:31:34 AM by Esper_Crusader » Logged

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »

Ive fallen into the trap of spamming the same skill over and over again, problem is that it works and I don't really have any incentive to start mixing things up. Its a game I like to launch every once in a while and hope I get something nice and shiny out of a run, but it gets too repetitive to warrant extended periods of play time. Still, I can't deny that its a great, well put together game. The skill grid is mind boggling and Im pretty sure that without some massive number crunching or build guide you can bork up your character fairly quickly. Good thing they give you some free respec points.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:37:43 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: