Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 06:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329224 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Soul Sacrifice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Soul Sacrifice  (Read 1923 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:59:35 PM »

Localization due April 30th.

Mitsuda involves with music.

Bought.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:46:04 PM »

ENB did a couple if good videos about Soul Sacrifice:

Soul Sacrifice Review Type Thing (Japanese Playstation Network Demo)
Comcept Analysis: Why Soul Sacrifice is Vita only (and ENB eats a grasshopper)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »

I played the JP demo before.  I don't know, the game looks pretty cool and all but I don't think it's for me.  Looks very multiplayer-centric, sort of Monster Hunter-esque in structure but faster paced and with some pretty over-the-top attacks.  Yeah everyone is a mage in this game but they don't feel or play anything like your usual fantasy mages (which I'm fine with).  A lot of the spells are for use in melee.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 02:35:44 PM »

I played the JP demo before.  I don't know, the game looks pretty cool and all but I don't think it's for me.  Looks very multiplayer-centric, sort of Monster Hunter-esque in structure but faster paced and with some pretty over-the-top attacks.  Yeah everyone is a mage in this game but they don't feel or play anything like your usual fantasy mages (which I'm fine with).  A lot of the spells are for use in melee.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to explode a schmuck into spiky ball of flesh, bone, and death or to pick up the spoils from the battle you just won by ripping your own spine out and using it to beat a foe to death with before keeling over yourself due to a sudden yet noticeable lack of a spine when you fly solo.

Also, for those who might not have noticed yet, this game is :gibs: incarnate.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 03:58:56 PM »

Character customization looks promising.....but.....

......VITA ONLY??? what the heck man......
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:02:25 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 04:18:06 PM »

Sony developed and they need to create an incentive to buy a Vita. It's kind of a catch 22: if you want to hit the widest audience you have to not limit the platforms to Vita, but if you want the Vita to do well you gotta have exclusives.

In the end, unless the device is MASSIVELY unappealing (probably just needs price drops on hardware and memory cards, especially after the Nexus 7) the latter should eventually make a system reasonably successful.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »

Sony developed and they need to create an incentive to buy a Vita. It's kind of a catch 22: if you want to hit the widest audience you have to not limit the platforms to Vita, but if you want the Vita to do well you gotta have exclusives.

In the end, unless the device is MASSIVELY unappealing (probably just needs price drops on hardware and memory cards, especially after the Nexus 7) the latter should eventually make a system reasonably successful.

Or doom Soul Sacrifice to obscurity.

But at this rate I do believe that the Vita should be turning around by the end of the year. If not for Soul Sacrifice then for other version exclusives/superior ports down the line.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »

I'm not much into Monster Hunter but I'm looking at Soul Sacrifice with an open mind.
I like this idea in those Monster Hunter type games, just there is something in MH which feels nice but at the same time doesn't.

The total lack of a plot of characters seem to be fixed. They don't have to be an over dramatic FF story, just a background story like Demon's/Dark Souls, even if you don't understand much at the end, just put something so I can pretend I made a difference.

Another thing is this game has mages! Don't take me too serious here but anytime given the option I will play a magic type chacter, and since there are a ton of ways to approach and a ton of magic, I'll probably be able to do a mage type character.

Anyway, after seeing the Soul Sacrifice Review Type Thing (Japanese Playstation Network Demo) I'm much more excited fot it!!!

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »

I'm not much into Monster Hunter but I'm looking at Soul Sacrifice with an open mind.
I like this idea in those Monster Hunter type games, just there is something in MH which feels nice but at the same time doesn't.

The total lack of a plot of characters seem to be fixed. They don't have to be an over dramatic FF story, just a background story like Demon's/Dark Souls, even if you don't understand much at the end, just put something so I can pretend I made a difference.

Another thing is this game has mages! Don't take me too serious here but anytime given the option I will play a magic type chacter, and since there are a ton of ways to approach and a ton of magic, I'll probably be able to do a mage type character.

Anyway, after seeing the Soul Sacrifice Review Type Thing (Japanese Playstation Network Demo) I'm much more excited fot it!!!

I agree. I'm all mage, all the time. Also this game has a Mitsuda OST so I must own it, no matter what.

Also, I hope the Vita can turn it around this year. The 3DS did it-- all it will take are some good games and some price drops on the hardware.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:40:29 PM »

What was the last soundtrack Mitsuda did before Soul Sacrifice? I haven't heard about him in a while...
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 05:44:32 PM »

Sony said there's a price drop for the Vita coming this year. I think the Vita will do fine.

Anyways, if there's a demo for this game, I'll give it a shot, but I'm not too excited by this news right now. There are other games I'm looking forward to this year, though.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 06:18:28 PM »

I've said this before, but I think the price of the Vita is perfectly fair for what you're getting.  It's a very powerful system, and it's kind of unreasonable to expect it to cost the same as a 3DS or something.

Now the price of the memory cards, on the other hand...and I had to get two so I could access JP PSN stuff.  Well, still a lot cheaper than having to buy two systems...

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »

I adore Mitsuda, but I've always felt battle themes were his weakness.  Given this seems to be a battle-heavy game, that gets a "we'll see."

Anyway, I'm on it.  I love the "you're forced to play as a mage" bit, because I'm always a mage, and I admit I do enjoy this style of gameplay, as long as I can complete everything single-player.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »

What was the last soundtrack Mitsuda did before Soul Sacrifice? I haven't heard about him in a while...

He was part of Kid Icarus, some soccer game, Play for Japan, and some other stuff.

http://vgmdb.net/artist/146 <-- disco!

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 10:53:47 PM »

Well, he can do great and amazing boss themes, but regular battle themes ARE a weak point, yes. Xenogears and Xenosaga probably had the best ones.
Or doom Soul Sacrifice to obscurity.
I referring to getting multiple exclusives on. A single great title, yeah, that'd be doomed to obscurity or standing out in a way that doesn't generate sales.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: