Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:13:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331878 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Prince of Persia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prince of Persia  (Read 542 times)
Daedalus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:58:04 AM »

Did anybody else really enjoy the cell shaded Prince of Persia?  I thought it was a very calming game to sit down and run through.  Ending was fun as well.  If they were going to do a sequel I think we would have seen it by now.  I'm always disappointed when a game takes a risk and it doesn't succeed.  The next PoP will probably resemble Assassins Creed.

"This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?"
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »

It was a fun and good-looking game, but it had flaws. It was far too easy and held your hand the whole way through. Combat was also a little annoying. The story WAS pretty cool, though. Like you said, it probably would have gotten a sequel already if it was going to happen. They had plenty to improve and I heard they were disappointed in the sales compared to the previous generations trilogy.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »

Did anybody else really enjoy the cell shaded Prince of Persia?  I thought it was a very calming game to sit down and run through.  Ending was fun as well.  If they were going to do a sequel I think we would have seen it by now.  I'm always disappointed when a game takes a risk and it doesn't succeed.  The next PoP will probably resemble Assassins Creed.

Weird that you bring this up today, as Ubisoft announced yesterday that the series is on hiatus.  http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/prince-of-persia-franchise-paused

Doesn't seem like they're abandoning it, and I think this may be because it was running parallel with Assassin's Creed and had relatively similar gameplay styles on the surface.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Daedalus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:43:45 AM »

I have no doubt that Prince of Persia will come back, but I don't think we will see Elika or that world again.  Which is a shame.  They had a lot of options for a sequel with the ending that the first one had.

"This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?"
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »

It's also a good reason for why they should be avoiding those cliffhanger endings. Even if the story's not particularly great I'd rather the game end with resolution, especially if you don't have a grand story idea in mind or even know if there will be another.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: