Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:41:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335279 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Adam Sessler on Fox News discussing about video game violence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Adam Sessler on Fox News discussing about video game violence  (Read 2026 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 07:56:53 PM »

Eh, some of them may grow out of it, certainly I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who were really into Mortal Kombat don't give a damn now, or they do for reasons other than the blood and gore that got it attention in the first place.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »

CNN host tries and fails to link videogames to violence -- Source: Destructoid
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »

I'm more amazed by the beginning of the video. They estimate how much the new restrictions would COST against their PUBLICIZED revenue?

hahahahahaahahahaaa
hahahaahahahahhaahahahahahaahahaahaha

Most financial analysts can't estimate where their asses end and publicized revenue of companies are bullshit.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:55:15 PM by Annubis » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »

As much as I hate GTA as a series, seriously, how many times do you actually stop amd shoot random pedestrians? Generally, you beat the shit out of them, ran them over, or (in my case) left them in the car and drove the car off a ledge. The only time people used guns to kill in GTA was when you were battling people who ALSO had guns, forcing you to defend yourself.

I ask you, when was the last time you had a super case of mass murders because of road rage on the news? How about a murderer running around with a chainsaw, katana, baseball bat, or freaking minigun? In the same regard, since these people love mentioning how you kill innocent people in these violent video games, how many times do you hunt down and kill unarmed people? You fight fire with fire in these games, and generally you're awarded for non-violent action in most of these games, like metal gear or splinter cell. Call of Duty, as much as I hate it, glorified fighting terrorists, not shooting innocent people. You were always tasked with defending lives from psychos, not being the psycho. And before anyone can argue multiplayer, in multiplayer everyone else has guns and are fighting you. Now having been experienced in firing a gun recently, I can safely say the only thing I learned from a video game was how to line up a shot. You don't learn about releasing a safety, reloading, recoil (outside of it messing up follow up shots), or even the proper way to stand while holding a gun to prevent your ass from falling over. You learn that from watching movies and tv shows far more effectively.

It's embarassing to see how stupid people are regarding video games as a means of violence, simply because of the lack of their knowledge of how they operate. It's equally embarassing how to know that 3-4 notorious video games have given the whole entertainment genre a bad rep. I mean cmon, Super Mario Brothers is the leading cause of the extinction of certain large turtles...all those fat kids jumping on them. Where's the outcry from peta?

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 10:41:37 PM »

Adam Sessler is really cool in that interview, although I wasn't a fan of X-Play at all and found their reviews really... trite.

btw if there is a correlation between doing violent things IRL and playing video games, how does that imply causality anyway? That is the big thing here.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 11:14:03 AM »

People just want somebody to blame all the world's problems on, like everything will get better if only one thing were to happen. It's really childish, you know? The world just isn't that simple.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »

I have to wonder what the hell that was. That guy was there to talk about games. And he absolutely did not want to talk about games and tried everything he could to change the subject to gun control.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 02:39:23 PM »

from youtube
i kill people with a broadsword fuck guns

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: