Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2015, 09:54:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
349484 Posts in 14257 Topics by 2245 Members
Latest Member: Xanxos
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Aliens: Colonial Marines
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 3255 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:21 PM »

Is it just me, or does this look like a horrible piece of shit? Seriously, it looks like a PS2 game.

Do any of the cast members reprise their roles? Cmon, Michael Biehn is pretty bored lately, and I know Bill Pullman hasn't been doing much since Big Love ended...

TASTY!
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:46:34 PM »

I haven't been following it too closely... but if a good Aliens/Predator game came out I'd be all over it.

I mean, shit, I'm still trying to wash the skunk of AvP on the Jaguar out of my mouth.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:58:07 PM »

I agree, but this looks very....rushed. There have been a few commercials on lately regarding it, and I am significantly unimpressed. Not like with Dead Space 3, GODDAMN IT LOOKS AMAZING. Hopefully it's not too shitty, but I'm not getting excited.

TASTY!
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:15:06 PM »

I still have to play Dead Space 2... maybe I'll do that after Halo.

I don't give a fuck I loved everything about DS1. Story and ending included.

The environments in that game are totally reminiscent of Aliens, too.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »

I haven't been following it too closely... but if a good Aliens/Predator game came out I'd be all over it.

There are so many games called "Aliens vs. Predator" that it's hard to keep track of, but I recall that the 1999 PC game with that title was actually pretty good.

It's a shame that this franchise has been so poorly handled in general.  It's hard to even find the good games because they're totally outnumbered by junk.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 12:11:12 AM »

There was that one SNES/Sega Genesis AvP game where you played as the predator. GOD that game was balls hard.

TASTY!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:34:23 AM »

I'm cautiously optimistic with this game. I don't wanna pre-order, hoping for a demo. I remember with Left 4 Dead, I was still on the fence until I played it (a demo I mean) and then I loved it. I'm hoping its the same for this title.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:49:42 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 01:29:43 AM »

I'm cautiously optimistic with this game. I don't wanna pre-order, hoping for a demo. I remember with Left 4 Dead, I was still on the fence until I played it and then I loved it. I'm hoping its the same for this title.
Completely off topic, but Tunnels, who is the girl in your avatar photo? I know I've seen her before, but I can't remember.

TASTY!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 01:49:01 AM »

I'm cautiously optimistic with this game. I don't wanna pre-order, hoping for a demo. I remember with Left 4 Dead, I was still on the fence until I played it and then I loved it. I'm hoping its the same for this title.
Completely off topic, but Tunnels, who is the girl in your avatar photo? I know I've seen her before, but I can't remember.

That, good sir, is Gillian Jacobs, who plays Britta Perry on the show Community.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 06:58:54 AM »

Based on this video, it looks to me like pretty much any "sci-fi shooter" released in this past 4-ish years.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:28 PM »

Like most I am somewhat hopeful, but yeah, been so many bad things done with the Aliens franchise, hopeful is the most I can muster.

Everything's Eventual
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

I'm really feeling it!

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 03:52:31 AM »

That, good sir, is Gillian Jacobs, who plays Britta Perry on the show Community.

Ahbed can predict the future.

"Steb I'm always channeling my inner rage. I'm basically a tall, skinny, pointy-eared, pale she-hulk with a giant stick." - Liz

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »

Ahbed can predict the future.

If only he were here now, then I could ask him if I should pre-order or not. D:
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »

Now I know why I remember her, she was in Choke. That was....a strange movie, but she was hot in it....like seriously hot.

TASTY!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 09:42:59 AM »

IGN has @2 hours of gameplay posted, I have to admit loving the series it makes me REALLY want the game!

Everything's Eventual
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: