Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 05:23:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338316 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xseed being a tease
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Xseed being a tease  (Read 4415 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »

Very excited for Ys Celceta, though I'm not going to hold my breath on Valhalla Knights 3 being any good.  The previous games have been historically not-so-great.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 10:23:54 AM »

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Celceta the most, too. Supposedly it's a bit more open than your average Ys game, and I am always excited for more Vita stuff.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »

Rune Factory 3 is one of my favorite DS games. And while Natsume, a company that's gotten their own name wrong in games, actually did a surprisingly good job on RF3 I'm still glad to see xseed got 4.

Hopefully the esrb isn't looking this time either.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 10:43:42 AM »

All glory to XSEED. I've been looking forward to Ys IV and Rune Factory 4 for a very long time now (I seriously bought the Vita on the promise of Ys IV, though some of the other games on it have also made it worth it). I know someone who'll be very happy about Valhalla Knights, as well, though I could never get into the series.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »

XSEED is Santa Claus. Super stoked for Rune Factory 4.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »

This is the first time I've ever heard of Ys I & II Chronicles+.

I know that a couple of years ago Falcom ported the PSP version directly to PC and it wasn't a great version of Ys I & II, and I don't know what is so "Plus" about this new version. Maybe they adapted the PSP version better for PC I assume? I'm a bit confused by this game.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »

Wyrdwad posted on that: Apparently + indicates it's an amalgam of the original Ys I & II Complete and the Chronicles release. Wonder if Falcom will release that work as their Windows 8 release or not.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 02:30:42 PM »

For the uneducated: what the hell game is TiTs?

The best JRPG series on the PSP (a platform not exactly lacking in JRPGs...)

Xseed did the first part a couple years ago and then left us hanging, sadly.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 04:11:55 PM »

Not exactly official but Tom Lipschultz had previously said on the Xseed forums that it was very unlikely that SC would make it this year, so I'm not surprised.  Disappointed, but not surprised.

I don't know what's going on with that series...fortunately I've been learning Japanese all these years so I think I'm going to dive into TitS in Japanese at some point.  But the language used in TitS is a bit more sophisticated than your average JRPG so I want to wait until I've gotten a bit better.  I have no doubt I could stumble my way through it, but the story is a big part of the appeal so I want to be able to fully appreciate it.

I downloaded the Zero no Kiseki demo and it was difficult.  Much more difficult than Trails was, for me at least.  Part of it was due to the small screen making kanji lookup difficult.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 04:19:24 PM »

I downloaded the Zero no Kiseki demo and it was difficult.  Much more difficult than Trails was, for me at least.  Part of it was due to the small screen making kanji lookup difficult.

Yeah, I've had that problem with PSP games before.  The resolution just isn't high enough to properly display the more complex characters.  Though Zero has that Vita port now (with lots of extra voice acting too) so I would probably just get that.  For the Trails games I might go for the PS3 releases.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »

Man. A week ago we were getting bowled over by the news of an HD remake of an excellent game, the most unlikely crossover, and a sequel to the best JRPG in recent memory, and before that we had the highly improbable localization announcement of Project X Zone, and now we've gotten confirmation of Ys IV, Grasshopper's latest, more Ys 1&2 ports, and all the rest. It's been a good week and a half for RPGamers and SRPGamers.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »

I admit that I really didn't care for Trails in the Sky, but it would be great if 2/3 got localized. I'd hate for TitS fans to get the Shining Force 3 Scenario 2/3 treatment. I still hurt to this day.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:48:04 PM by Taelus » Logged

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 07:19:39 AM »

Also I'm amused by the fact that somebody thought that Conception had any chance of coming over. All it had going for it was the breeding little monstrosities from your harem of dating sim archetypes. That Over My Dead Body PSP remake would've been a much better choice.
I dunno, I found the trailer/opening/whatever that I saw the game to be hilarious.I realize that it would never make it over, but the ridiculousness of the whole thing just....can't be replicated. However, I am quite content to get Rune Factory 4 instead(which I assume is what the babies bit was about in the tease).
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 09:38:06 PM »

The best JRPG series on the PSP (a platform not exactly lacking in JRPGs...)

Xseed did the first part a couple years ago and then left us hanging, sadly.

I don't think we can really call it a series in the West when there's only been one release.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 10:59:51 PM »

I admit that I really didn't care for Trails in the Sky, but it would be great if 2/3 got localized. I'd hate for TitS fans to get the Shining Force 3 Scenario 2/3 treatment. I still hurt to this day.

it really does look like it will wind up that way >_>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: