Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:34:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318867 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xseed being a tease
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Xseed being a tease  (Read 2833 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 11:07:23 PM »

Well, you never know. I don't think anyone expected Pandora's Tower, after all.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 11:19:29 PM »

The best JRPG series on the PSP (a platform not exactly lacking in JRPGs...)

Xseed did the first part a couple years ago and then left us hanging, sadly.

I don't think we can really call it a series in the West when there's only been one release.

It's still a series, whether or not the series has been localized.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 12:10:04 AM »

I admit that I really didn't care for Trails in the Sky, but it would be great if 2/3 got localized. I'd hate for TitS fans to get the Shining Force 3 Scenario 2/3 treatment. I still hurt to this day.

it really does look like it will wind up that way >_>

Well, we mainly just need SC translated. If the others fail to come it'll be immensely disappointing but not surprising and at least the story FC specifically started will be closed. But then SC sounds like it's basically like SF3 Scenario 2/3 combined for how much it is relative to the first game, and that's half of why we're in this problem right now.

Well, you never know. I don't think anyone expected Pandora's Tower, after all.

No, though that did have the advantage of being fully translated, and in hindsight I suspect the worst time to release that is right when the Wii U launched. A few months to let excitement to die down and the launch lineup to be played through, and Wii games start to stand out again.

I don't think we can really call it a series in the West when there's only been one release.

It's still a series, whether or not the series has been localized.

And technically it's the Trails in the Sky subseries to the Legend of Heroes series, and we actually got every entry between the first and Trails in the Sky BUT the second game. But I think as long as there's entries made AT ALL it's a series, nevermind it ended in a big cliffhanger so at worst it'd be a planned series.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 01:58:40 AM »

I think we might get the PS3 HD port of SC, if anything.  I wouldn't completely disregard SC just yet.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/06/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc-is-coming-to-ps3-with-hd-graphics/
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 02:37:36 AM »

I think we might get the PS3 HD port of SC, if anything.  I wouldn't completely disregard SC just yet.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/06/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc-is-coming-to-ps3-with-hd-graphics/

Been discussed before.  Xseed doesn't seem to have anything against the idea, but the question is how SCEA feels.  Unfortunately, PSP Remasters aren't true ports and are missing features (like trophies) that SCEA requires for PS3 releases.  There has yet to be a single PSP Remaster released in the US.

I might add that there are PC versions of the Trails in the Sky games and a Steam release of those seems likely, though they're missing some minor features that were added for the PSP releases and there are no PC versions of Zero and beyond.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:39:46 AM by Kevadu » Logged

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »

What's with these screenshots from Valhalla Knights? What sort of game is this anyways??? :O

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »

YOu spelled it wrong. It's Valhalla NIGHTS, and it's a DATING SIM FOR MANLY NORSE MEN! (and women).

EDIT:

Also the dialogue in those screenshots is so SENSUAL.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:32:32 PM by Taelus » Logged

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »

YOu spelled it wrong. It's Valhalla NIGHTS, and it's a DATING SIM FOR MANLY NORSE MEN! (and women).

EDIT:

Speaking of which, I totally want that otome game where you flirt with the Knights of the Round.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »

Hmmm... Lancelet, Galahad, Bors, Parcival.... Eeny meemy miney mo!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »

Been discussed before.  Xseed doesn't seem to have anything against the idea, but the question is how SCEA feels.  Unfortunately, PSP Remasters aren't true ports and are missing features (like trophies) that SCEA requires for PS3 releases.  There has yet to be a single PSP Remaster released in the US.

There was a God of War PSP collection.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2013, 08:46:56 AM »

Which had trophies and other features, so it could get through. The big question is whether or not they'd be willing to add stuff to a western release, since it appears that these remasters don't have any of those things.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2013, 02:18:13 PM »

There was a God of War PSP collection.

That was a true port, not the same thing at all.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »

Their issues seem to mainly lie with games being ported alone, and without trophies. Also I've been hearing the game must actually hit PSP first in the region it's in, so unless they can negotiate something I can see the PS3 port failing to be the out it logically should be. Stuff like this is why I wouldn't be too upset if most Japanese development moved to 3DS/Wii U.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 11:06:13 PM »

EDIT:

Speaking of which, I totally want that otome game where you flirt with the Knights of the Round.

Ditto. Also, I'd totally buy Valhalla Nights on Day 1.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: