Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 01:52:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329412 Posts in 13493 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The epic "gold prospector" vs "carrion crow" battle Sunday night
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The epic "gold prospector" vs "carrion crow" battle Sunday night  (Read 1286 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »

Yeah, I've been hearing a lot about this epic battle happening Sunday night: Participants in the 1849 gold rush are battling flocks of ravens. Now, I don't care how much wealth these prospectors procured, they will still die (because s/he who dies with the most toys still dies) and ravens will feast on their dead flesh.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:45:34 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »

The Patriots aren't in this? Fudgeabouit.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:43:58 PM »

I hear there's some sort of puppy bowl thing...

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:27:44 PM »

The Patriots aren't in this? Fudgeabouit.

Fudge abouit?  Is that a new French dessert?  I hope it's not chocolate and snails. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM9mL6ttTJI

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 08:09:29 AM »

I'm rooting for a dragon to suddenly appear and eat both the prospectors and the birds. It would be much more entertaining than a prospector flailing to hit a bird with a pickaxe.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 09:22:17 AM »

Rooting for the Ravens so Ray Lewis can go out on top. One of the best NFL players of all time, regardless of what he has done off the field. The 49ers are gonna be good for a long time with everything they have so they'll be back.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »

Did anyone ever stop to think how ridiculous "I watch the Super Bowl for the commercials" sounds?  Personally, I'd be more engaged if they showed the cheerleaders more often.

Gotta admit, though, even with the lack of cheerleader coverage, I'm enjoying watching the game. First half has been pretty exciting. Not gonna lie, I do get kinda caught up in the whole "Super Bowl" thing (it's a unique piece of Americana and my family likes doing stuff uniquely American like Super Bowl and Thanksgiving). They grew up with cricket and soccer frenzies, and those frenzies don't exist in the US. And, hey, "helmet" football is a uniquely American sport.

And I'm rooting for the Ravens. Not only for the silly reason in my prior post, but because Joe Flacco is a hometown hero (his family lives in and around my neck of the woods) and one of his younger brothers attends the high school I work at, so it's Flacco fever around me.

Because of the circles I normally run in, I am a bit of a closet sports fan. Granted, I generally tune out during the regular season, but playoff time is when I'm really engaged, especially with ice hockey. Even if the teams I normally support don't make it, playoff games are fun to watch once in a while.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 07:30:58 AM »

Did anyone ever stop to think how ridiculous "I watch the Super Bowl for the commercials" sounds?  Personally, I'd be more engaged if they showed the cheerleaders more often.
Eh it was less ridiculous in the days before high speed internet when it was the only time you could see awesome commercials like a dancing monkey with a tamborine(sp) and two old guys playing the banjo. Now though? Yeah kind of ridiculous.

P.S. It is the day after the Superbowl and I have no idea of who won. I guess I'll find out when I get to work today andsee if I won any money off of the quarter and final score pool.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 09:43:39 AM »

Eh it was less ridiculous in the days before high speed internet when it was the only time you could see awesome commercials like a dancing monkey with a tamborine(sp) and two old guys playing the banjo. Now though? Yeah kind of ridiculous.

P.S. It is the day after the Superbowl and I have no idea of who won. I guess I'll find out when I get to work today andsee if I won any money off of the quarter and final score pool.

Ravens won. Surprisingly close too despite the lead going into and coming out of the halftime. And if sports movies have taught me anything, it's that the power outage was cause by God in the hopes of getting the 49'ers their second wind and a chance to boost their morale for a come from behind underdog triumph story where the fate of failing marriages, soured family relations, and a dying child fan all hang in the balance. Too bad it still didn't work, but at least it made the second half more interesting beyond the 109 yard return.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »

I saw the name of this thread, saw Dincrest made it, and thought it was about an indie/metal band or something along those lines.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »

If it wasn't for that black out this game would not have been close, but it certainly made it entertaining and probably one of the best super bowls of all time in my opinion.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 03:37:39 PM »

LOL at insertnamehere. 

And I think the blackout was conveniently done on purpose to buy time because the first half went so quickly.  Besides, with Mardi Gras coming up, there's no way New Orleans could lose power that suddenly on that day. 

And I also think the day after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday.  Either that or make the game Saturday night, because how much of a pain was it to drag our carcasses into work/school this morning? 

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »

If it wasn't for that black out this game would not have been close, but it certainly made it entertaining...

Agreed.  I ate waaay too many chips and various dips last night.  Blegh.  Also probably some of the worst set of commercials I've ever seen from a superbowl.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 05:05:38 PM »

If it wasn't for that black out this game would not have been close, but it certainly made it entertaining...

Agreed.  I ate waaay too many chips and various dips last night.  Blegh.  Also probably some of the worst set of commercials I've ever seen from a superbowl.

Yeah I eventually stopped paying attention to the commercials because none of them were any good. Probably around the middle of the second quarter I started using commercials for bathroom breaks and refills haha.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »

Agreed.  I ate waaay too many chips and various dips last night.  Blegh.  Also probably some of the worst set of commercials I've ever seen from a superbowl.

Yeah I eventually stopped paying attention to the commercials because none of them were any good. Probably around the middle of the second quarter I started using commercials for bathroom breaks and refills haha.

The only commercial I noted was the one for Iron Man 3.

Btw, did anyone catch if Denny's is still doing their free breakfast Post Suprabowl Tuesdays?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: