Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 06:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Dead Space 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dead Space 3  (Read 1444 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »

5 days away. Coop horror "hopefully" done right, just need a coop partner now....who's offering?

Xbob onry prease.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 11:16:28 PM »

I love the Dead Space games, and will be getting it day one, as long as the reviews are good. No interest in any coop type stuff, though.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »

I loved the first one, but wasn't playing games at the time the second one came out so I never grabbed it. I have a feeling as soon as I am done with Fire Emblem I'll be grabbing 2 and then 3.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »

I enjoyed 1 a lot, and own 2, but haven't gotten around to playing it. Gonna let this one simmer for a while and watch the review. I'll be a cheapskate and wait for it to come out for $20.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »

I pay full price for very few games nowadays. The Mass Effect games, and the Dead Space games. Everything else can wait. That's how much I love this series. Sci-fi + horror = Mark is a happy man.

Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 08:44:02 PM »

Really hesitant to grab it on PC, don't know if this old laptop can handle it, but I'd really prefer that over consoles. :/
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 08:40:10 AM »

The demo unsold me on the game.

Having at least part of the game on an ice planet gives it a definite The Thing vibe. But it was just sooooo by the numbers, and none of the tweaks feel like improvements, and the way the setting was used just wasn't as cool as being out in space. Oh, and enemies have guns now? I don't know, I see where it's going and I just can't bring myself to care, which sucks because this was one of the few games this year I wanted to buy.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 10:36:23 AM »

Have to agree. Maybe it was just a poor demo, but the lacking atmosphere and depth to the environments turned this from a must play to a game I'll pick up on the cheap during the summer. I'm a huge Dead Space fan, but number three feels like the transition from RE4 to RE5.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »

Which Is why I read multiple reviews before ever purchasing a game. I rarely bother with demos because they can't possibly represent the whole experience. Hopefully this is the case. If it's crap, then, hey, I'll skip out on paying full price, and get it later. Like AJR, though, this would suck, as DS3 is the rare "must buy right now" for me. We'll see Tuesday.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 11:25:08 AM »

After watching some gameplay vids on this it seems awesome.

Especially the sort of odd way multi is handled. 2nd player will experience hallucinations that 1p can't see and it'll lead to haps.

More classic RPGfan cryin' about everything in this thread.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »

I read several reviews, liked enough of what I heard, and went out and picked it up over lunch.
Sounds like the major issues people are grumbling about are the weak storyline and the omnipresent microtransaction button.
I don't remember a damn thing about the story from 1 or 2, so the convoluted story in 3 doesn't concern me. I also don't see an issue with ignoring a plea for cash from EA.
What I DO remember is how fun these games are to play, the amazing environments, and the incredible sound design that goes with them. It sounds like all this is there in spades, so I should love it.
I also happen to have 5 days off in a row after today, so I should get more gaming time than normal. Awesome.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »

I loved the story in 1 and can't wait to see what's up in 2 and 3. I LOVE sci-fi where you're not sure what's real or not. Grimm, keep me updated on the awesomeness of this game
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »

Long story short is Isaac is having a massive hallucination and is hung up on his ex grilfriend.

TASTY!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: