Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 02:47:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338392 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th  (Read 19322 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2013, 03:03:57 AM »

Goodbye tri-Ace... we were lovers once.

Terribly bland conference so far.  Bunch of crappy vita titles (some good, many anime games though) and new news on old news (GT6, Knack).  Oh and Final Fantasy X "Please be Excited Edition".

Best Part so Far:  The translators.  Their monotone delivery and (what sounds like) 0% interest in games is great to listen to. x)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:07:23 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2013, 03:08:40 AM »

THE EVIL WITHIN~♥!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:04:04 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2013, 03:33:43 AM »

I couldn't stand the awful translators so I switched over to NND to watch it in Japanese.

Edit: Idolmaster for PS4 was teased.  That's a big deal for Japan, anyway.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:38:39 AM by Kevadu » Logged

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2013, 03:54:59 AM »

OK...Vita TV...did not expect that.

unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2013, 03:59:28 AM »

so my stream conveniently died right about then.
What is that actually?
some kind of vita-console equivalent thing where the tv works as the screen?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2013, 04:10:10 AM »

"Sony is preparing PlayStation Vita TV, a new, lightweight TV game console, for Japanese consumers."

"The system will allow users to play PS Vita and PSP games on the TV, as well as access video and network services like Tsutaya TV or Hulu.

PS Vita TV also works as a companion device for PlayStation 4. Users can take a PS Vita TV into one room, and have a PS Vita in another room or place remote play to the PS Vita TV."
-- Gematsu
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2013, 04:10:44 AM »

What is that actually?

Pretty much.  Just a little device with Vita hardware inside that hooks up to your TV.  They said it plays Vita games, PSP games, and PS1 games...which shouldn't be surprising since that's what an actual Vita plays.  They were also advertising some video streaming services for it that might actually be a new thing, but I'm not entirely sure what Japan has now.

Not totally sure what they're going to do about games that use touch, though.

Weirdly enough they tried to bill it as a 'companion' to a PS4...seems like just another console to me.  On top of that they were using a Dualshock 3 with it.  Why wouldn't they make it use the Dualshock 4 considering how close to release the PS4 is?

The price wasn't bad, though.  About $100.  If you don't have a Vita and want to play Vita games on your TV, well it's kind of hard to pass up.  Of course this was a Japan conference so they didn't say anything about releasing it elsewhere.

unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2013, 04:22:03 AM »

What is that actually?

Pretty much.  Just a little device with Vita hardware inside that hooks up to your TV.  They said it plays Vita games, PSP games, and PS1 games...which shouldn't be surprising since that's what an actual Vita plays.  They were also advertising some video streaming services for it that might actually be a new thing, but I'm not entirely sure what Japan has now.

Not totally sure what they're going to do about games that use touch, though.

Weirdly enough they tried to bill it as a 'companion' to a PS4...seems like just another console to me.  On top of that they were using a Dualshock 3 with it.  Why wouldn't they make it use the Dualshock 4 considering how close to release the PS4 is?

The price wasn't bad, though.  About $100.  If you don't have a Vita and want to play Vita games on your TV, well it's kind of hard to pass up.  Of course this was a Japan conference so they didn't say anything about releasing it elsewhere.

Thanks. :D

Yeah, touch-screen will be weird, and I also wonder what they will do with the gyroscope features. I can't really imagine games like Gravity Daze working that well, even though I guess the Dualshock 3 does have motion sensing anyway. I guess some people wanted something like this, but I would rather play my games on hand-helds (in bed) than play on my TV anyway.

I still don't really understand the remote play aspect they were discussing in the linked article. Is there any additional benefit this provides, or will it be straight up required for the feature to work? The wording seems a bit strange.

Overall, not many interesting games from that conference, but some neat hardware stuff, I guess. Hopefulle TGS will deliver some more new stuff (or you know, some long-awaited seemingly forgotten old stuff)
Japanese ps4 date was pretty sad, but pretty much expected at this point.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2013, 04:32:32 AM »

I guess the point of the remote play thing was that if you have two TVs and one PS4 you can remote play PS4 games on the other TV with a Vita TV thingy instead of having to get a second PS4.  But it seems like a pretty specialized use to me and I can't imagine that the remote play experience is going to be exactly the same as playing it natively.  I don't know how many people are going to get this thing just for that...

As far as the Japanese PS4 launch date goes, it's not that bad.  About 3 months after here.  And it is true that the software lineup (that appeals to Japan) really wasn't there for the PS4 yet.  If they launched it this year I doubt it would sell that well...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2013, 04:37:15 AM »

So, deep down looks more interesting that I thought it would be. Capcom said a while ago that they were gonna show more at TGS so that's cool.

The Evil Within looks beautiful though. :) Been waiting for so long for a new Survival Horror from Japan that it can be said is gonna be a big deal for the genre, I can't wait.

Also is said that TEW is gonna the last project Shinji Mikami is gonna take as Director and if that's true then this will mark the end of an era to say the least.

Hopefulle TGS will deliver some more new stuff (or you know, some long-awaited seemingly forgotten old stuff)

I lost of count of the amount of people in the chat crying for The Last Guardian.

Late quote.*

Goodbye tri-Ace... we were lovers once.

You might want to read this...

I knew about their situation before while a lot of fans of tri-Ace at that time still believed that they had what it takes to work on their own projects. But this generation pretty much kill them.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:55:15 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2013, 04:55:10 AM »

Yeah, what was "the news we've been waiting for"?  After watching the whole conference I have no idea...

I guess the most surprising thing was certainly the Vita TV.  But how many people were waiting for that?  More like it came out of nowhere...

Let's see, stuff that interested me:
I agree Deep Down looked unexpectedly good.
The new Suda51 game looks interesting.  But then I always think Suda51 games look interesting and then don't buy them in the end because the gameplay never lives up to their ambitions...
Yakuza Restoration is an odd departure for the series, but it does look cool.  I might import it since Sega seems to have given up on the series in the west.
Even though it's was just namedropped and not even shown I know I'm probably going to end up getting Idolmaster for PS4...

But mostly that was an incredibly dry conference.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2013, 05:00:26 AM »

Yakuza Restoration is an odd departure for the series, but it does look cool.  I might import it since Sega seems to have given up on the series in the west.

Yeah it sucks that Yakuza is going the same way Valkyria Chronicles did in the West.
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2013, 05:15:58 AM »

Hm. I can't really see myself wanting to remote play to another TV for ps4 play. Thanks to the suspend mode (god-send), I'd probably just take it as a chance to go outside instead or something. :/

The Evil Within does indeed look solid. Deep Down looks good, but isn't really my kind of game. None of these are launch window for Japan though, are they? The Japanese offerings for launch still seem kind of anemic. Knack and...?

I love me some Shinsengumi, so bummed that Yakuza will never make it over. At least it gave us the brilliant "Don't talk, be serious!" line, which made me chuckle. The dead-pan apathetic translation brought an unexpected post-modernist deconstructive vibe to the conference.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2013, 05:44:21 AM »

Yakuza is a launch game.  That's a big deal.  The series is very popular in Japan.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2013, 07:53:10 AM »

PlayStation 4 will launch with eight first-party titles in Japan -- Source: Siliconera

Disc / Download:

・Knack
・Killzone: Shadow Fall
・Driveclub
・inFamous: Second Son

Downloadable:

・Resogun
・Hohokum
・Doki-Doki Universe
・Flower
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »