Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 12:59:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341024 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Print
Author Topic: Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th  (Read 20052 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2013, 09:43:32 PM »

Greatness Awaits site: http://playstation.greatnessawaits.com/

Flower, flOw, Sound Shapes and Escape Plan coming to PS4 -- Source: PlayStation.Blog US

"These are all Cross-Buy games, meaning if you buy it once, you'll be able to download it for free on any available system. Oh, and one more thing: If you have purchased these games previously on PlayStation Store, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge.

Enjoy!"
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

Jesus, the install for the PS4 Killzone is almost 30gb. 500gb HDs are going to be pretty useless in these machines
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2013, 02:40:07 PM »

Jesus, the install for the PS4 Killzone is almost 30gb. 500gb HDs are going to be pretty useless in these machines

As a person with crappy internet, I cringed at the idea of digitally downloading that.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2013, 03:26:28 PM »

DualShock 4 and PlayStation Camera now available for purchase in the United States -- Source: DualShockers

PS4 system software update 1.50 (approximately 300MB):

・Remote Play
・Second Screen
・Record, take screenshots, and upload gameplay effortlessly
・Broadcast and spectate gameplay
・Play as you download
・Multi log-in
・Party (Voice chat)
・Face recognition and voice commands
・Background music player
・Online Multiplayer
・Blu-ray Disc and DVD player

Source: PlayStation.Blog EU
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2013, 01:48:14 AM »

Do you guys think current gen games will kill or hamper the growth of downloadable media? The download size of some of the next gen games are topping out at 30+ gb.  Not only are we talking long download times but some services have a data cap....

Unless you live in the netherlands it's safe to say physical media is here to stay
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2013, 01:44:48 PM »

^Digital content and big chunks of data that needs to be installed is gonna pushed down our throats whether we like it or not, but is nice that there is still gonna be a balance between physical and digital media. We really just have to consider buying a bigger hard drive along with whatever console you go with first/stick with.

---

Your questions for Mark Cerny -- sonyplaystation, YouTube
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: November 04, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »

^Digital content and big chunks of data that needs to be installed is gonna pushed down our throats whether we like it or not, but is nice that there is still gonna be a balance between physical and digital media. We really just have to consider buying a bigger hard drive along with whatever console you go with first/stick with.

---

Your questions for Mark Cerny -- sonyplaystation, YouTube

It isn't just space that is the problem though. Not everyone has great internet and although you could just say all they need to do is get a better one, that isn't always an option. For some people it is cost and for others it is due to there simply being no better alternative available. I do agree that digital downloads are going to be the primary way to get games in the future though if they are not almost there.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »

Right. Internet speed is the biggest problem I and a lot of people expect having with the new console(s).

EDIT: How Sony's hometown studio rose from the ashes in time for the PS4 -- Source: Kotaku

Is not often when I reccomend an article from Kotaku but this one is a really good read. Go check it out.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:35:12 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: November 05, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »

This game footage looks beauty
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/killzone-shadow-fall-ultra-high-bitrate-multiplayer-footage/
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: November 05, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/pocketstation-app-launched-for-ps-vita

Since there's no other thread I can think to post this in, I might as well post it here.

Depending on how things go, we may finally be able to use FFVIII's Chocobo and Minimog summons, among other things (like SaGa Frontier 2 had some Pocketstation shenanigans going on as well, even if it was largely peripheral).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: November 05, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »

I had a lot of fun with that mini Chocobo RPG! (in the PC version of FF8 it just opened in a separate window)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »

Amazon Warehouse:

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2013, 04:22:28 AM »

I cancelled my order. The recent purchase of a Wii U and a Vita plus a mountain of games means.... I'll take my time and put the money towards some apartment furniture or something
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »

I cancelled my order. The recent purchase of a Wii U and a Vita plus a mountain of games means.... I'll take my time and put the money towards some apartment furniture or something

Yeah, this season is looking to be absolutely flooded with software, and now that the Vita's about to get Ys Celetica, I think I'm going to go for that instead.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2013, 07:03:21 PM »

So this bizarre phony commercial seems to be teasing some sort of Street Fighter PS4 announcement.  Couple little things I noticed: the PS1994 (when the original Playstation came out) on the license plate and the phone number is the date the original Street Fighter was released.

Oh, there's a website too.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: