Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 01:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338592 Posts in 13859 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print
Author Topic: Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th  (Read 19372 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »

So this bizarre phony commercial seems to be teasing some sort of Street Fighter PS4 announcement.  Couple little things I noticed: the PS1994 (when the original Playstation came out) on the license plate and the phone number is the date the original Street Fighter was released.

Oh, there's a website too.

Even the source code is old. Tons of deprecated tags.

Edit: oh wait, I know: Street Fighter x Crazy Taxi
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:44:12 PM by Annubis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »

Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS4?
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2013, 12:27:08 AM »

So this bizarre phony commercial seems to be teasing some sort of Street Fighter PS4 announcement.  Couple little things I noticed: the PS1994 (when the original Playstation came out) on the license plate and the phone number is the date the original Street Fighter was released.

Oh, there's a website too.

Even the source code is old. Tons of deprecated tags.

Edit: oh wait, I know: Street Fighter x Crazy Taxi

A Street Fighter IV x Toyota marketing tie in ("The latest in engineering and design is getting the crap kicked out of it by random thugs fighting in the street!")?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2013, 09:03:11 AM »

The Official PlayStation 4 Unboxing Video / Daft Punk - Random Access Memories Unboxed -- PlayStation / DaftPunkVEVO, YouTube

Mark Cerny: 'We don't say here's a box you can watch TV on;' 'Huge audience' for consoles focused on games -- Source: DualShockers

A chat with Shuhei Yoshida -- Source: Giant Bomb

"Sony's President of Worldwide Studios weighs in on all sorts of topics with just days to go till the PS4 launch."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:31:21 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »

So the PS Vita TV is out in Japan.  And I've already seen several posts saying, "OMG Vita TV is region locked!!!"  So I did a little digging (since I don't actually have the device) and people are saying this because they can't log in with their US/EU PSN accounts.  But it seems to be more an issue that the US/EU PSN servers don't know anything about the Vita TV yet so it gives an error, rather than being an actual region lock.  This would presumably change when the device is released in these regions.

Still, I would probably hold back on importing for now.  In addition to the PSN issues, US/EU games that need to be patched for the Vita TV (because of the lack of touch controls) presumably aren't being patched yet when the system isn't even out here.  So there isn't much you can do with the device other than playing Japanese games.  For now, anyway.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »

Can the dualshock 4 be used on the ps3?

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2013, 12:08:34 AM »

So I sort of watched Sony's PS4 launch event thingy (more like I had it on in the background while doing other stuff) but it seems pretty friggin boring.  One big commercial, really.  The only thing worth taking away from it is that they announced Uncharted 4, though it was just a teaser with no real info.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2013, 12:25:44 AM »

Last night I watched yosp play some of Contrast on a Twitch stream.  It looks great and I like that noir vibe it has.  It is the only day one game that interests me.

Yoda - Read on another forum that the ds4 can be used on a ps3 with a cable and only on certain games.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: November 15, 2013, 01:40:47 AM »

*sigh* More Uncharted... that's great I guess. Right now I feel tired of the series and disappointed in ND because I personally want something new from them.

Then again by the time Uncharted comes out on PS4 I might be in the mood for more, but I'm not sure. It all really depends if they move the series in a interesting place with maybe new characters while still being set in the same universe or something along those lines.

For now though I'm satisfied with what they showed and said of the DLC for the The Last of Us.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2013, 09:34:29 AM »

It took me this long and Yggdrasil's post to realize Naughty Dog and Nathan Drake have the same initials.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2013, 03:24:21 PM »

Hadouken Cabs message -- Goblux, YouTube

European PS4 launch commercial shows Ryu from last week's bizarre Hadouken Cabs video -- TFG News

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:30:25 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »

So for $100, what is the name of the attack used when the command 236P is used?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »

I'mma use my Street Shout Out.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2013, 06:09:32 PM »

At this point, I'm just wondering why they insist on taxis... like does it have something to do with the new game or what?
I mean, I'll be sad now if no taxis are involved =/
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: November 17, 2013, 08:54:29 AM »

Ah the joys of getting hardware at launch. I set my PS4 up yesterday and nearly thought that I had bricked it when I tried to update via the interwebs. After the system restart and indicating that I accepted the ToS and such, I just got a black screen for more than 10 minutes. I left it for a while unsure of whether it was working without video or not before just giving up and unplugging it. Then it seemed I might have bricked it because I could not get it to turn on. After a while though I accidently activated a safe mode boot up. From there I was able to start the system update via usb. And now it seems to be working fine. So hurray!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: