Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319164 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th  (Read 11601 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »

4k tvs

No one is going to buy these.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2013, 09:44:39 PM »

Jesus what a waste of time that was. They would have been better served to ride the hype and speculation train so they'd actually have a REAL reveal at E3. I mean, if the CEO and the physical console couldn't even make an appearance, what the hell does that give you? We got to stare at a controller we've all seen leaked shots of for weeks... yay. If they don't manage to nail a sweet spot on the price point, they're screwed. Durango is coming, as is the Steam Box and Apple will probably enter the home console market via Apple TV sooner rather than later, plus we have the Ouya too. The field is going to be super crowded and Sony doesn't have the brand loyalty it commanded with the PS and PS2 anymore. Let's see if they manage to flub yet another console launch... third times the charm.

Specs?  Features?  Controls?  Games?  Do these things mean nothing to you?  The thing I care about least is what the friggin box looks like...

I hope it's a floating spherical glass ball that makes a rave light show when you boot it up.  It then asks how you are and tells you that you're pretty.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 09:48:39 PM »

I'd love a 4k monitor, but for a TV it's useless without content made for it. And that probably won't be coming from games this generation.

Anyways I think we have to wait and see more details, and what the Durango pulls to get a clearer picture. The Ouya's a bit of a mystery, I'm seriously doubting Apple would do anything more than what the Roku does for Apple TV as gaming was more of a surprise to profit off of more than anything else, and I could easily see the Durango crashing if they go for always online and anti-used IF the PS4 isn't doing either. Though maybe high end consoles are just screwed period too.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:51:02 PM by Eusis » Logged
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2013, 09:55:36 PM »

I care what the thing looks like. The fact they haven't shone it makes me think:
1) it's ugly
or
2) that's part of a bigger E3 show

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2013, 09:59:11 PM »

So uh, 'Deep Down' from Capcom is some sort of a spiritual successor of Dragon's Dogma? It resembles in a way Skyrim but with 3rd person combat for what I've saw in the trailer.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2013, 10:01:09 PM »

No one was gonna buy Plasma tvs either....then they lowered in price, improved in fu.ctionality, and are now the best tvs on the market....second to 4ks only.

Course....they could go the way of DLP...

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2013, 10:06:23 PM »

I hope it's a floating spherical glass ball that makes a rave light show when you boot it up.  It then asks how you are and tells you that you're pretty.

I'd buy that.

I care what the thing looks like. The fact they haven't shone it makes me think:
1) it's ugly
or
2) that's part of a bigger E3 show

Or 3) it's not actually finalized yet.

So uh, 'Deep Down' from Capcom is some sort of a spiritual successor of Dragon's Dogma? It resembles in a way Skyrim but with 3rd person combat for what I've saw in the trailer.

I noticed that too.  It looks exactly like Dragon's Dogma, but they were saying it's a new IP...weird move.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:39 PM »

It better be finalized if it's being shipped in the holidays. Can't produce millions of these over night

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2013, 10:14:34 PM »

It's still February, I seriously doubt they've started producing them.  And not finalized doesn't mean they haven't worked on it...just means it's not finalized.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:10 PM »

Boring.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »

I enjoyed the last hour of the presentation, you know the part with the software. I know it seems shallow, but I really don't give a rats ass what is going on underneath the hood, as long as it plays well and has great games. With the games they showed, I think its going to be great.

Also anyone else chuckle at Bungie's F-U to their Microsoft fans, by making content exclusively for PS4? Also, my Vita has now had a major importance upgrade.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2013, 11:09:15 PM »

I enjoyed the last hour of the presentation, you know the part with the software. I know it seems shallow, but I really don't give a rats ass what is going on underneath the hood, as long as it plays well and has great games. With the games they showed, I think its going to be great.

Also anyone else chuckle at Bungie's F-U to their Microsoft fans, by making content exclusively for PS4? Also, my Vita has now had a major importance upgrade.

Is it really shallow?
I actually thought caring primarily about specs was shallow.
And anyway, found this on Siliconera (Thought of the Moment)
That seems like a valid point to me.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2013, 11:13:28 PM »

dat ram

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2013, 12:01:15 AM »

It better be finalized if it's being shipped in the holidays. Can't produce millions of these over night

Technically you could probably produce the boards en masse, then the shell afterwards. The silicon's the tough part that could easily go wrong, the case is just that: a case. Unless you're doing something fancy you can belt those out fast or so I'd think.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2013, 12:32:03 AM »

It don't block used games.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: