Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 03:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327344 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th  (Read 14226 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2013, 12:34:53 AM »

So Watch_Dogs totally stole the show for me.

New Gameplay Trailer

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 12:39:15 AM »

Doesn't block used games, by implication may not be requiring online all the time, and may be more powerful than the next Xbox. If all that pans out (as do the Xbox rumors) and the price isn't unreasonable, it'd be an easy winner for me.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2013, 12:47:25 AM »

While I wasn't thrilled by any of the games today (other than InFamous, because I love Infamous), the hardware itself looked solid. Sony's been taking an "everything and the kitchen sink" approach to control methods, and it's one that I think works fantastically with Vita. If the price is right, this could be the only console I'm interested in.

I have become one with PC.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2013, 12:56:36 AM »

There'll always be console exclusives that rope me in. Thing is, those can plausibly be mainly on Nintendo's systems versus Playstation/Xbox, though WAY more will be on Playstation than Xbox. Another reason I may just blow off Xbox for next gen, PS4 + Wii U + Handhelds + new PC part way through the gen = almost all the games I'd want.

... Though that's quite a few platforms. I'd probably be waiting on the PS4 too even if the price was good, not unless that Deep Down game turned to be mind blowing.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:17 AM »

Got to say, now that I've gotten a better look at it I'm liking the new controller.  It's not a big departure, but it does look like there are a number of basic ergonomic improvements over the DS3.  In addition to the sticks and the triggers, the handles look much improved.  Check out the grippy material on them:

Will I actually use the move functionality or touch pad?  Who knows...but as long as they're optional that's fine.  Nothing wrong with having options.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2013, 01:03:04 AM »

handles look more xboxy :)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2013, 01:07:52 AM »

RIP Select and Start buttons. :(

I'd probably be waiting on the PS4 too even if the price was good, not unless that Deep Down game turned to be mind blowing.

Capcom has a lot to live up to with what they showed.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2013, 02:32:34 AM »

DS3 triggers feel to me like they're harder to use than X360 triggers, like they push back and I need to press a second time for it to work, makes me wish they stuck with buttons.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2013, 03:11:19 AM »

Jesus what a waste of time that was. They would have been better served to ride the hype and speculation train so they'd actually have a REAL reveal at E3. I mean, if the CEO and the physical console couldn't even make an appearance, what the hell does that give you? We got to stare at a controller we've all seen leaked shots of for weeks... yay. If they don't manage to nail a sweet spot on the price point, they're screwed. Durango is coming, as is the Steam Box and Apple will probably enter the home console market via Apple TV sooner rather than later, plus we have the Ouya too. The field is going to be super crowded and Sony doesn't have the brand loyalty it commanded with the PS and PS2 anymore. Let's see if they manage to flub yet another console launch... third times the charm.

Specs?  Features?  Controls?  Games?  Do these things mean nothing to you?  The thing I care about least is what the friggin box looks like...

I hope it's a floating spherical glass ball that makes a rave light show when you boot it up.  It then asks how you are and tells you that you're pretty.

Unfortunately, we're still five console generations away from that.

Also Squeenix: Continuing to waste everybody's time.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2013, 03:18:28 AM »

Developers developers developers

While there are a lot of expected names on that list, I think what most surprised me about it was the number of niche Japanese developers listed.  Companies like Falcom, NIS, Spike Chunsoft, Gust, Idea Factory, Imageepoch, and yes Atlus have not traditionally been quick to adopt new hardware.  It might just be a list of companies with vague plans, though...

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2013, 03:56:23 AM »

RIP Select and Start buttons. :(

I'd probably be waiting on the PS4 too even if the price was good, not unless that Deep Down game turned to be mind blowing.

I'm more annoyed they're keeping the god awful L2 and R2 buttons.

As for Deep Down, it looks like a Dark Souls knock off. It's even got a D title.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2013, 04:26:59 AM »

What I wanted to say that Capcom needed to prove a lot with what they showed, I was talking more about the engine in particular.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:00:45 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2013, 04:50:01 AM »

What?  They're clearly different.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2013, 05:24:05 AM »

What?  They're clearly different.

Yeah, the DS3 just blindly (Because it was a late, uhh, undesign?) turned the back buttons into triggers, even though they weren't suited for this at all, but this looks to subtly tweak them to actually be serviceable, they're subtly concave rather than convex.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2013, 05:01:39 PM »

Given the superstition surrounding the number 4 in Japan, I'm surprised they called it the PS4.

I thought the presentation was alright.  Some of the games looked good.  Killzone, Watch Dogs.  Some others.  Definitely not Square-Enix.  Now that they have new, more powerful hardware to use, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a FF7 remake for the PS4.  Might have been waiting for stronger hardware to try it.  Given their love of remakes and the potential for it sell well/move new hardware, it just feels likely to me.

And a lot of superfluous social features that make me sad for single player games.

Yeah, wasn't a huge selling point for me.  I have no plans to integrate any bookfaces with my PS4.  My real life friends don't need to know that I just unlocked the Master Alchemist title in Ni no Kuni or I recently played Tales of Xillia.

I don't care about social features, but I doubt they're mandatory.  And there actually is some stuff in there that looks pretty cool.  I could see myself actually using some of the spectator features.

Yeah, this could be a really cool feature.  I'm sure it'll be used like an integrated Let's Play for various youtube personalities, but in full quality on your TV.  Also can see services popping up where people pay better gamers to unlock trophies/unlockables or boost their rank.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:05:54 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: