Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:55:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319591 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Print
Author Topic: Playstation Meeting, Feb. 20th  (Read 11837 times)
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »

Yakuza is a launch game.  That's a big deal.  The series is very popular in Japan.

I stand corrected. I didn't realize it was coming out that soon.
I don't know if it being cross-gen might negatively impact the ps4 version though.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/08/tecmos-deception-series-is-making-a-comeback-on-playstation-vita/

Holy shit! A new Kagero game!? I never thought I'd see one of these again.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2013, 09:31:06 AM »

Wow, I want that little Vita/PSP box.

Then I'd get to play Ogre Battle and VLR.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »

You might not get to play VLR on it...

It sounds like not all Vita games will be compatible with it.  Specifically, it seems like games that use touch features a lot simple won't work.  Games that only use touch features a little may be patched with alternate controls but that's probably up to the devs.  I don't know, it seems pretty confusing to me.  They're going to be splitting the market between Vita TV compatible and not-compatible games.  That seems like the biggest downside to this whole thing.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »

A guy on another forum said Sony "confirmed" that PS4 support for the Vita TV will be added later, but I cannot for the life of my find where he might've gotten that from...I found some articles speculating that that might happen, but nothing official as far as I can see...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »

Specifically, it seems like games that use touch features a lot simple won't work.

R3 and L3 bring up a finger.
It works for games where you can slowly pick a location (VLR) but not at all for anything fast paced.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »

Official list of compatible games.

It's in Japanese, of course.  But I looked for the Japanese title for VLR (極限脱出) and it's not on there.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2013, 09:29:17 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/10/over-my-dead-body-2-announced-for-vita-first-look-sonys-multi-generation-rpg/

Hopefully this game has a better shot of making it outside of Japan than it's predecessor did.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2013, 07:14:23 AM »

Screen Comparison: New PS Vita (LCD) vs PS Vita (AMOLED) -- Fanta711, YouTube

"This is a video comparing the LCD screen of the new PlayStation Vita (PCH-2000) with the AMOLED screen of the original model (PCH-1000). The new PS Vita is the black model sitting at the bottom.

It's worth mentioning that the two units were sitting at different angles due to space constraints. The top Vita is leaning forward. This may or may not have an effect on how they appeared in the video.

My hands were extra shaky today. I apologize for that."

He has other 3 videos in his channel of the new Vita too.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2013, 12:39:40 AM »

So Capcom just announced that Deep Down is free-to-play.  I think that killed any interest I had in the game...

(Putting this here because apparently nobody made a thread about the game, this is the only place it's really been discussed...)

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »

*cough* http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=12223.0 *cough*

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2013, 02:22:40 PM »

Touche...

I don't know why I could find it.  Even did a search.  Guess the words "deep" and "down" are too common...

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2013, 01:48:22 PM »

I can't believe this thing's almost out already.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2013, 02:56:04 PM »

Sony's Chris Ashimine not sure if next Naughty Dog game will be Uncharted, but it will be on PS4 -- Source: DualShockers

After the 3 main games, a digital comic, a novel, a Vita game and a turn-based card game I don't know if I want too see more of Uncharted... UC1 is fine as a game and it has nice moments, UC2 was a great and UC3 expanded on what UC2 did while making the multiplayer more fun (and messy).

Best thing Uncharted 4 could do is be prettier, expand the gameplay a bit more and continue the story of Nathan Drake (even though UC3 give a pretty nice "farewell" kind of ending).

A sequel to The Last of Us is kind of a weird situation. They can make a sequel set a few years later and what not, but the entire narrative of TLoU and the reason for why that game even exists is mainly because of the experience the main game already provides, which a complete experience that doesn't really leave you with the curiosity or need for a sequel, and with that in mind the whole thing with TLoU is "over" outside of the single-player DLC Naughty Dog has been working on (and that's a side story).

So yeah. I personally would rather see Naughty Dog starting fresh on PS4.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »

That's just...a strange person to ask.  He seems to be a localization guy for bringing Uncharted games to Japan, but that doesn't mean he knows what's going on at Naughty Dog.

Also , I thought it was pretty much confirmed that the next Naughty Dog game would be for PS4?  I mean, they've publicly talked about adopting their engine to PS4 before.

Finally, Naughty Dog made a big deal about splitting into two teams after Uncharted 2 (up until then they had only ever worked on one game at a time).  Meaning that the team that made Uncharted 3 and the team that made TLoU are separate.  The Uncharted 3 team has presumably been working on something for a while now.  And whatever it is, it's not going to be a TLoU sequel since the first game hadn't even been finished yet for most of that time.

P.S.: I would be happy to see more games set in TLoU's universe but not necessarily following Joel and Ellie.  I think there are still plenty of stories to tell there.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: