Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 07:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329449 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  So Final Fantasy XII....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: So Final Fantasy XII....  (Read 4539 times)
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2013, 10:44:52 PM »

Not so good....Playing through this game I get the same feeling as I did with X as in it's just not a Final Fantasy quality game. I thought X was a decent RPG but not up to the Final Fantasy standards which I hold to a higher degree. So far XII is worse and I just got up to the capital finally after doing so many hunts and a lot of training. About how far through the game am I percentage wise?  Possibly 70% maybe less maybe more? That's basically my question and by the way this seems like a very long game. By the way my personal top 5 are

VI
IX
VII
IV
XIII

Yeah....the number 5 spot might seem kind of surprising but I played a lot if it and really enjoyed the gameplay. Again, more than X and a lot more than XII. The number 5 spot might be tied with the first game in the series which I enjoyed but so far I'll leave it like that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:48:05 PM by LINK398 » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:53:42 PM »

Heeeere we go aaagain!  :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:28:34 PM »

The Rise and Fall of Final Fantasy

Blah blah~
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 11:37:26 PM »

I thought it was actually a lot of fun, even if it had awful/unfair slowdown and a stupidly forgettable plot.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »

I rather enjoyed XII but I don't feel like arguing about it yet again right now...

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 11:54:13 PM »

I didn't enjoy it very much and also don't want to argue about it yet again...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 12:29:09 AM »

Final Fantasy X and XII are two of my favorites in the whole series lol. The constant complaints about Final Fantasy after IX gets old.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 12:41:27 AM »

Final Fantasy X and XII are two of my favorites in the whole series lol. The constant complaints about Final Fantasy after IX gets old.
It is tiring to hear about how XII is so terrible...shame it's so true though.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 07:44:50 AM »

its funny when someone says FFXII is horrible yet then says xenoblade is the 2nd coming of jesus.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 08:21:35 AM »

its funny when someone says FFXII is horrible yet then says xenoblade is the 2nd coming of jesus.

My thoughts exactly! I even dare say I had more fun with FFXII. Xenoblade is a good game but it just didn't click with me.
The exploration is nice and the battle even if automated is engaging but still, I think I didn't like a single character so far (haven't beaten it) but at least they are just okay, nothing in the realms of Star Ocean 4.

When they have some similarities, for me it comes down to the rest, story, music, etc. While in XII it's a convoluted mess, I did enjoy the music and the settings a lot. On the other hand in Xenoblade, the plot is understandable, so far I don't like it much (about 15 hours in).

The thing is XII for me started very good, only later it got worse. Xenoblade from the start didn't click with me.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »

...I don't think I've ever agreed with you about a video game until now.  I'm not sure how I feel about this. :P

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 12:25:14 PM »

It's just an attempt to validate buying that piece of shit called the Wii. If Xenoblade had been on PS3 or xbob, or even pc, it would have been AT BEST a mediocre title. For some reason, when you have a mediocre game on the Wii, it becomes amazing. I bet if xenoblade were a DS title it would have been labled the best rpg ever.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »

It's just an attempt to validate buying that piece of shit called the Wii. If Xenoblade had been on PS3 or xbob, or even pc, it would have been AT BEST a mediocre title. For some reason, when you have a mediocre game on the Wii, it becomes amazing. I bet if xenoblade were a DS title it would have been labled the best rpg ever.

To each their own, and I didn't beat it either, but the music and sheer size of places to explore is really something.  You get games like Borderlands or whatever that let you explore too, but none really tried explaining it with a twist that you're exploring a giant ass robot that's facing another giant ass fucking robot.  I don't even think robots are cool, but fuck, setting alone, it was something completely different.

Also, let's be honest.  The localization was fucken awesome in Brit-English.  REYN TIME.  That's all.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »

I don't even think robots are cool

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »

Not only is that going in the other extreme but after Ni No Kuni I'm pretty sure most of them would be losing their shit over the game still anyway. Now maybe if itw ere on PS2... but the sheer scale would still awe people, and I really do think it's an enjoyable game. Dunno about best RPG ever or even best RPG out of Japan in the last few years (I have a soft spot for Trails in the Sky, but more importantly Demon's Souls/Dark Souls ARE some of my favorite games in a long time), but at worst it's a very good RPG.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: