Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 09:17:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335171 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 4 Golden for the Vita.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4 Golden for the Vita.  (Read 1753 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 16, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »

Been hearing nothing but good things about these games, decided to pick up this one for the Vita. I hope it's good... can't tell because for some damn reason when it asks in the beginning to type in your last name, it does nothing. Anyone run across this problem?
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »

I am an idiot. lol
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 10:38:01 PM »

... There really wasn't a topic for this before? Uhh, weird. I guess there were just posts in the general MegaTen thread.

Well, here we go, about 3 months late!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:08:10 AM by Eusis » Logged
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 10:58:03 PM »

Nope. I know how weird you guys can get with already posted material and I couldn't believe there wasn't a topic already either. I searched all fancy-like numerous times too, so just posted a new one. lol
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 11:02:53 PM »

Weird?!  How can you say such a thing? ;)

Well hey, it's an amazing game.  Or, at least I think so.  The Vita version is my first, too.  And I thought "will it really be good, or has it been overhyped?"  Same way I felt about Casablanca before I watched it.  Well, in both cases, I was not disappointed. Hope you love it too.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 12:00:32 AM »

I really need to play it.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 12:02:50 AM »

Bought the game at launch and still haven't touched it, heh.  But I already played the PS2 version and my backlog is something else...I don't have a 100 hours to sink into a game I already played once, no matter how good it is...

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 12:44:03 AM »

I started it recently, but...well, I'm not ready to replay P4 yet after two relatively recent full playthroughs of the PS2 version, so I only have about 10 hours into it and am progressing slowly.

My (relatively shallow) thoughts so far:
Honestly, it was the first game that really showed me the graphical capabilities of the Vita.  That is, it's bright and much smoother than I was expecting after P3P.  I can't wait to see how the handheld looks when it's pushed.
I don't like the new battle theme, but fortunately Reach Out to the Truth plays when you get a surprise attack.
I adore the costume changing at will. I wish they had this in the original.
Marie is absolutely, utterly obnoxious and I can't stand her.
A very nice touch was the addition of new NPCs running around in background scenes.  For example, when you're walking to school you'll often see your schoolmate S.Links (think Naoki, Ai) running by, while the generic NPCs talk or your friends chat with you like they did in the original.
The new Shuffle Time is really easily broken in just about every possible way.  However, it also lets you use older Personas that you would have discarded.  You can make a godly (no pun intended) Izanagi if you'd like, with a little time and effort.

And, most important of all:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me choose inheritable skills.  Now I won't have to shuffle for an hour to get my invincible Helel.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:59:22 AM by Cyril » Logged
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 12:23:15 PM »

Yeah, thbis game looks better than most PS3 games. In the beginning there I just walked around the town looking at the background scenery. Sooo much detail.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »

I wish there were more RPG's at least partially set in the real/modern world like this. I think the first time I experienced it was Earthbound and it was a nice break from the usual fantasy setting (which I love, but it's overused). Ni No Kuni has some modern world interaction as does this. This game is blowing my mind. Don't wanna put it down.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »

i bought it at launch but just cant find the motivation to play it. i beat it twice on ps2 so yeah. the same thing happend with p3p but the fem mc gave me some motivation to play it a bit.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »

I'm amazed at the amount of people that bought it, but don't wanna play it because they played the old version already. lol
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »

Well, I can see buying it now while it's easy to purchase if you know you'll want to play it later.
Some Persona games are hell to find after a couple of months =/
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 06:17:05 AM »

Add me to the list of people who have bought it and have yet to play it. I do intend to play it......but I need to buy a Vita first. x_x Also once I own a Vita, it will be fairly low on my backlog list since I have beaten it twice so it will take a a while until I get to it. I just got it at release for the Golden Edition bonuses.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 07:56:10 AM »

Finally picked this up last night. I will probably put Fire Emblem aside to play it, since I've only ever played the first dungeon in P4G and have heard great things about the story.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: