Campaign has 48 hrs left. Needs another $8k
Reasons I'm personally backing it and taking time to post about it elsewhere (something I very rarely do...)
- Music by Hiroki Kikuta. Yeah, he of Secret of Mana fame. In recent years, his best work has been on smaller projects where he can dictate the timing and the scope of the music.
- Additional music from Dale North, he of Destructoid fame. His music, both OST and arranged, have always been a delight.
- A story based on actual events. I love fantasy that melds with personal narrative. They even reveal the source material, a documentary called "The Wire Nest."
- You play as a young girl, and you meet some giant critter that's a cross between Where The Wild Things Are and Totoro. That's adorable.
- The game is claiming to be equal parts platformer and RPG. The exploration mode looks a heck of a lot like Suikoden (character height vs map and the fixed camera perspective of 2D on a 3D-ish environment).
I think it's like $10 to reserve a copy of the game. More money gets you more bonuses. I think at $100 you get an LE physical copy that's mocked up to look like a PS1 game (they have demo art for this on their page).
Please consider backing. I don't want this game to not happen. :P