Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 02:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334699 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Capcom's deep down
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Capcom's deep down  (Read 2900 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 11:46:13 PM »

Wow, so much hate for random dungeons.  Persona 3 and 4 sure do suck, am I right?

well, what do they really contribute to games??? =/

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 12:16:05 AM »

Wow, so much hate for random dungeons.  Persona 3 and 4 sure do suck, am I right?

well, what do they really contribute to games??? =/

Replayability.

To give another example: I know people who to this day continue to play nethack with a passion.  Nobody would give a crap about that game 25 years later if it wasn't for all the randomized elements.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:17:42 AM by Kevadu » Logged

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 12:46:52 AM »

・Online Only

Sigh.

Next gen is going to be the death of the single player game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 01:03:31 AM »

I like
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 04:57:56 AM »

The music does not fit at all with their wannabe-Dark-Souls visuals complimented by out-of-context, awkward snippets of conversation that never cease.

More like Demon's Souls visuals (and no they are not the same).

At first I didn't get what they were trying to do with with the music, but later I noticed that it fits the trailer nicely even if it may not seem appropriate with what is being presented.

Seriously, did anyone get anything from all the yapping?  Did anyone actually pay attention to what they were saying?

Is random dialogue most likely from NPCs I assume. Is kinda difficult to make out what some of them are saying but long story short is that there is a lot of despair and something about the research of memories from the past.

...dunno. We have to wait for TGS for (hopefully) more concrete details.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 05:35:32 AM »

I never understood the appeal of making random dungeons.  Worse is that it sounds like it's a selling point sometimes; to me it's just an excuse for linear or grid-like level design without any interesting assets.

It can work well in certain games, if they draw from a template which isn't completely randomised like Rogue Legacy. That has lots of designed rooms and it just mixes up which ones you see in a playthrough. In other games though, more often than not it's as you say with lots of bland featureless corridors that are no substitute for actual level design.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 10:15:01 AM »

Yoshinori Ono details deep down, praises PS4, talks about 60 FPS, Vita Remote Play and DualShock 4 -- Source: DualShockers

"Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia released an interview with legendary Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono, in which he shared quite a lot more details about the upcoming PS4 exclusive Deep Down, explained the themes of the game and the story, and praised the PS4 hardware specs, also giving some details on how the DualShock 4 and the remote play feature with the PS Vita will be used."

---

"deep down, Capcom's upcoming PlayStation 4 online action RPG, will be a free-to-play game." -- Gematsu
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:07:00 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 09:12:07 PM »

Deep Down Gameplay Trailer released in English gives hope for a localization -- DualShockers
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: