Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:38:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332827 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Man With the Golden Man ('012 Oscars Discussion Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Man With the Golden Man ('012 Oscars Discussion Thread)  (Read 1796 times)
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »

http://youtu.be/wQNj-gF9bfE

And so it happened, I am a big fan of this girl.  Jen Lawrence answering stupid press questions
Nice to see a girl from my hometown to win an Oscar. :)

You live in Lou? Likewise if so.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 02:00:57 AM »

The one Torontonian I had LEFT to KOREA and lives some sort of awesome life!!! x(

...I'm so lonely.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 03:43:47 AM »

Didn't Life of Pi win best Cinematography? That's an odd one. Especially considering all the best shots were CG.
Was the tiger CG? If it was, it was DAMN well done. I watched that movie assuming the whole time that it was a real tiger.

As far as the Hobbit goes, the merit of the award consideration should be based on the standard movie without 3D, and without 48FPS. I saw it without these and thought it looked great. Not perfect, but still great.
Life of Pi did indeed win Best Cinematography, and the tiger was all CG :P I do agree with you on The Hobbit. 2D, without 48 FPS is how everyone other nominee was shown, so it's only fair that The Hobbit is given the same treatment. I hate 3D anyway lol.

Eh, I dunno, they were pretty intent on pushing The Hobbit as being seen in 48 FPS. To me that's like saying you should watch Crash and Brokeback Mountain in black and white because Good Night, and Good Luck was in black and white. I didn't enjoy the high FPS or 3D at all but I think they can be treated like any other tool used to make a film.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »

Didn't Life of Pi win best Cinematography? That's an odd one. Especially considering all the best shots were CG.
Was the tiger CG? If it was, it was DAMN well done. I watched that movie assuming the whole time that it was a real tiger.

As far as the Hobbit goes, the merit of the award consideration should be based on the standard movie without 3D, and without 48FPS. I saw it without these and thought it looked great. Not perfect, but still great.
Life of Pi did indeed win Best Cinematography, and the tiger was all CG :P I do agree with you on The Hobbit. 2D, without 48 FPS is how everyone other nominee was shown, so it's only fair that The Hobbit is given the same treatment. I hate 3D anyway lol.

Eh, I dunno, they were pretty intent on pushing The Hobbit as being seen in 48 FPS. To me that's like saying you should watch Crash and Brokeback Mountain in black and white because Good Night, and Good Luck was in black and white. I didn't enjoy the high FPS or 3D at all but I think they can be treated like any other tool used to make a film.

I personally loved the high FPS. I never understood the complaints haha. Oh well.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »

Life of Pi did indeed win Best Cinematography, and the tiger was all CG :P I do agree with you on The Hobbit. 2D, without 48 FPS is how every other nominee was shown, so it's only fair that The Hobbit is given the same treatment. I hate 3D anyway lol.

48FPS was hardly even available! Most theaters don't have the equipment to handle it yet. You would have to go out of your way to find a theater showing it. None around me were. Sorry, but the B & W comparison makes zero sense, as there were not 2 versions made of those movies. A great majority of people who saw the Hobbit saw it in standard def. I imagine the Academy screeners were all in standard def, too. It only makes sense to judge it in that format. At least until(if ever?) it becomes more common.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:45:15 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 07:53:23 PM »

They should start making the oscars anatomically correct and by anatomically correct I mean anatomically incorrect but in the lewdest and most obvious way possible.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »

They should start making the oscars anatomically correct and by anatomically correct I mean anatomically incorrect but in the lewdest and most obvious way possible.

Only if they stop calling them Oscars and start calling them Olivias.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 09:56:30 PM »

Life of Pi did indeed win Best Cinematography, and the tiger was all CG :P I do agree with you on The Hobbit. 2D, without 48 FPS is how every other nominee was shown, so it's only fair that The Hobbit is given the same treatment. I hate 3D anyway lol.

48FPS was hardly even available! Most theaters don't have the equipment to handle it yet. You would have to go out of your way to find a theater showing it. None around me were. Sorry, but the B & W comparison makes zero sense, as there were not 2 versions made of those movies. A great majority of people who saw the Hobbit saw it in standard def. I imagine the Academy screeners were all in standard def, too. It only makes sense to judge it in that format. At least until(if ever?) it becomes more common.

Heh, it was the opposite for me. The theatres I went to only had it in 3D/48FPS.

I didn't really hate the 48 FPS, it's probably like the 3D where some people can see it better than others, but for me the 48 FPS + 3D made everything a blur whenever action scenes were happening.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 12:47:06 AM »

Only if they stop calling them Oscars and start calling them Olivias.

But if they make the statue a woman's shape, there might be too much fondling of Oscar Olivia chests.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: