Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319049 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Round 3: Advance Wars vs. Fire Emblem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Round 3: Advance Wars vs. Fire Emblem  (Read 1063 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 02:27:52 PM »

I think that Advance Wars 2 and Advance Wars: Dual Strike are better than any Fire Emblem game that I've beaten (4, 6, 7, 8, and the DS remake of 3.1), especially when you throw in multiplayer.  Days of Ruin wasn't very good, but neither was Radiant Dawn.  I'm going to give AW the edge for fun multiplayer and for how awesome Dual Strike is. 

Dual Strike was really, really good. Agreed here.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »

I think FE's better, but I do have to give credit to AW for taking the console style srpg and taking out the rpg. You're on a, relatively, level playing field and you don't have anything like a level 20 tank that can take out the entire enemy army because they're level 10. Made for a fresh experience.

(and also to a certain Webcomic Strip that I'm too lazy to dig up at the moment)

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=092208
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 07:22:29 PM »

I think FE's better, but I do have to give credit to AW for taking the console style srpg and taking out the rpg. You're on a, relatively, level playing field and you don't have anything like a level 20 tank that can take out the entire enemy army because they're level 10. Made for a fresh experience.

(and also to a certain Webcomic Strip that I'm too lazy to dig up at the moment)

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=092208

It fits with what I was talking about but it seems that I worded my reference too ambiguously.

What I was referring to was this: http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/270

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 08:42:04 PM »

I don't know; considering you know what you're doing in AW you wouldn't ever have your jet in a position where 4 infantry could corner you like that. It's just very unlikely.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 09:09:57 PM »

I don't know; considering you know what you're doing in AW you wouldn't ever have your jet in a position where 4 infantry could corner you like that. It's just very unlikely.

The whole point of :the joke: is that despite the unlikeliness of said events from transpiring, it can still transpire with the net effect of one downed Fighter which is a bonus for the Infantry that probably only exist for the sake of Technique score or Capturing (since they otherwise cannot deal with a Fighter at all). If you surround an Archer with four guys in an FE game you're wasting everybody's time since the Archer will not die until they are killed and unless you're buying yourself time to grind out supports (and chances are you're not even doing that since you've got four guys on an Archer and anyone who tries to support with any of them will be walking into the Archer's attack range unless you don't mind their support partners getting turned into pincushions).

Because honestly, what else was I going to list as a difference between two games in similar but different genres made by the same developers?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: