Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 08:24:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331783 Posts in 13584 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Devil Survivor 2: Break Record announced for 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Devil Survivor 2: Break Record announced for 3DS  (Read 2376 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:05:35 PM »

"Devil Survivor 2: Break Code is in development for 3DS.

A sneak peek screening for the new TV anime Devil Survivor 2: The Animation included the surprise announcement, according to Twitter attendees.

The game will add new story content and characters. A proper reveal is scheduled for the March 28 issue of Weekly Famitsu."
-- Source: Gematsu

Hardly shocking news. This was expected to happen back when the first game was ported to 3DS, though, DS2 in comparison has an anime adaptation as a big commercial just like Persona 4 got for the Vita re-release.

Either way, good news.

Update: Devil Survivor 2: Break Record has a new scenario after the ending
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:25:40 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »

Was hoping it would be a sequel instead of a port with added story, but what are ya gonna do.

"Oh, a hunter..."
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 05:02:46 PM »

Mixed feelings over this. Mostly because it makes me not want to finish playing DS2 (I know I've had like a year to do it), since I know the 3DS version will have more content. I'll prolly get the 3DS version, barring any unfortunate bugs that render it unplayable.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »

Huzzah. My suspicions were correct. Now to get me find the first 3DS Devil Survivor port before this one comes out.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 09:15:26 PM »

Looks like Miyako has a chance of becoming a full-fledged character.

Mixed feelings over this. Mostly because it makes me not want to finish playing DS2 (I know I've had like a year to do it), since I know the 3DS version will have more content. I'll prolly get the 3DS version, barring any unfortunate bugs that render it unplayable.

Then just play it if you don't have another game to play.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »

I've beaten DS2 in January and even though it's recent I'm kind of happy for this port we all new was coming (especially after the anime announcement).

This has been the first non persona SMT that I feel I didn't get beaten to a pulp.
On the other hand I still doubt I would my magic build mentallity in favor of a stengh based one. So in some way, unless the new character appear soon, I would be playing it mostly the same way save for the route I would choose at the end.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 10:52:13 PM »

Didn't like the first Devil Survivor, so I'll pass.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 11:55:21 PM »

Eh...Maybe I'll actually be able to get into this version.  I felt DeSu 2 lacked the feeling of danger and tenseness that the first had and, because of it, it couldn't hold my interest.  It's one of those games that I'd really like to like, especially given I loved DeSu 1.  I'm definitely willing to give it another shot.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 07:16:41 AM »

Eh...Maybe I'll actually be able to get into this version.  I felt DeSu 2 lacked the feeling of danger and tenseness that the first had and, because of it, it couldn't hold my interest.  It's one of those games that I'd really like to like, especially given I loved DeSu 1.  I'm definitely willing to give it another shot.

I gotta say this was my one gripe with DeSu 2. In the first it seemed they were always in danger and it made it feel much more believable. In the 2nd it seemed they had too much free time.
Story wise I think the first is a lot better but I still liked the second.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 12:14:59 PM »

Then just play it if you don't have another game to play.

My backlog is so crazy, I really do need to finish some of these games. I may have misspoken, I didn't mean to fault this port for my personal laziness ;).
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 02:07:37 PM »

My backlog is so crazy, I really do need to finish some of these games. I may have misspoken, I didn't mean to fault this port for my personal laziness ;).

I hear ya! I have had DS1 for the 3ds sitting around since it came out.... this does motivate me though....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 09:06:03 PM »

Now I'm glad I never got around to playing this on DS. I loved DS1 and DS:O, so this will be a day one for me.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »

And here I haven't even started on DeSu2...

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 12:20:52 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/26/devil-survivor-2-break-record-has-a-new-scenario-after-the-ending/

Here's the new info about the game (called Break Record) which talks about the new scenario. Also, there's a shot for a new character, which I think is Yamato's twin sister.

The game now has anime cutscenes, too.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 11:02:51 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/27/devil-survivor-2-break-records-new-scenario-is-the-length-of-a-full-rpg/

You can choose the new scenario right from the start. Also, its length matches that of a "full length RPG".

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: