Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 06:20:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341238 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Kinda technical question (Playstation)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kinda technical question (Playstation)  (Read 1145 times)
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »

I wasn't sure where to post this but was just curious how long does the average sony made Playstation 1 controller last? I have a red PSone controller that worked fine this week until all of a sudden the "X" button stops working for the most part. (Need to press really hard and multiple presses for it to work) I thought it was possibly the game (The Legend of Dragoon) but I tried using it just on the sony menu and had the same problem. The controller looks like its in great shape and I've had it for a while. Also do all PS1 games played on a PS2 work with PS2 controllers? Because I'm using a PS2 controller because of this problem.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 08:27:32 PM »

I still have the original PS1 controller that came with my PS1 and it works. I bought it in 99. My PS1 still works too. :D

And as far as I know, all PS1 games work on the PS2 with PS2 controllers.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:07:23 PM »

The controller can last for years, but the contacts inside can wear away with use, so it's possible you've used it to death. A PS2 controller will play any ps1 or ps2 game on a ps2, as will a ps3 controller play any ps1, 2, or 3 game you have on your compatible ps3. Just if certain games don't have support for analog sticks, the analog sticks will have no function.

TASTY!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: