Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334828 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter launched (Now funded)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter launched (Now funded)  (Read 1784 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »

Kickstarter link.

Hey guys the funding goal is $900,000 I wonder if they'll hit it - errr, wow.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:48:09 PM by Eusis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:10:34 PM »

There's some good info here.

It will be interesting to see how Wasteland 2 turns out so we know what this studio can do.  I certainly like what they say they're going to do...

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »

I'm interested, but not enough to put money down on it. I too will wait to see how Wasteland 2 fares first before getting excited, though.

And it's still frickin' insane how quickly they got funded. $1,000,000 in less than a day?! I certainly hope they deliver on even half (If not most or even all, of course :P) of what they say they'll do, so people get their money's worth...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »

Less than a day?  Yes, six hours is less than a day...but it sound more impressive to say six hours ;)

I put in $20 for the early supporter digital copy.  I figure it's worth betting $20 on, but I doubt I'll raise that.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:37:39 PM »

Less than a day?  Yes, six hours is less than a day...but it sound more impressive to say six hours ;)

I put in $20 for the early supporter digital copy.  I figure it's worth betting $20 on, but I doubt I'll raise that.

I feel the same. Well, maybe to $35 for music/artbook, at the very least the art shown so far is pretty good, so that's a very safe bet.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 12:14:36 AM »

Every time a Kickstarter I get excited about nears its end, a new one starts to get me all excited again.

Anyway, I probably will pledge after I get paid this week. I know the money wont come out of my pocket for a while, but I'd still like to have that extra financial support. I'm digging the current concept art.

Edit: 1.5 mil in less than a day. That's nuts, but awesome. It'll certainly be interesting to see what the stretch goals will be, especially the goal amounts.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:26:50 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 02:05:03 AM »

Just dropped for the $45 tier, gets me a copy of Wasteland 2, as well. The plot summary and general flavor of the story in this game already sound fan-fucking-tastic. I have high hopes.

Now to go play Planescape for the first time.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 02:17:03 AM »

It really does sound like the closest thing I can get to a Dying Earth RPG. There's some games that actually come close, but they depend on that sort of thing as a plot twist, not fundamentally designing a setting around our Earth having civilizations rise and collapse multiple times over an unfathomable span of time, where ours is but a footnote in the grand scheme of things.

Man, if they can pull this off it's going to be amazing.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »

Just a bit of an update and reminder.  There is about 48 hours left to go on the kickstarter, so if you want to get in on this project now is the time.  The $3.5 million stretch goal has been reached so Chris Avellone has joined the design team!  I also upped my donation despite saying I wasn't going to...so much for that.

It will be interesting to see how high this goes.  A lot of kickstarter projects seem to get a ton of money in the first couple of days and the last couple of days, with the growth in between being a lot slower.  So this has the potential to be the most-funded kickstarter video game yet.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 10:55:55 AM »

source
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 06:57:23 AM »

13 hours left at the time I write this. Looks like we will be hitting 4 million. I doubt we will hit 4.5 which is a shame because I want the stronghold. I am giving us 50/50 odds of hitting 4.25 though, so crafting numera should make it in. Yay.

Side note:

I think eleven levels might actually be hit, but only time will tell.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »

Cleared $4 million (on Kickstarter alone, not counting paypal contributions), meaning this is officially the most-funded Kickstarter video game project ever!  Just 2 hours to go, I think we'll have to accept that $4.5 million isn't happening, but $4.25 is still possible.  I'm not sure what the paypal contributions are at...

Edit: Aaaaand, Kickstarter is over.  $4,188,927 from Kickstarter, haven't said the Paypal numbers yet.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:04:37 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:38 PM »

So it's at $4,368,997 including paypal donations now.  Apparently they're going to leave the Paypal donations open for the rest of this month and try to hit that $4.5 million stretch goal.  Let's hope they do!

So if you haven't donated to this project yet and you're interested then Paypal is still an option.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »

I want to know who these people are that have +$10K to drop on the funding of a video game. What the hell?

"Oh, a hunter..."
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »

I want to know who these people are that have +$10K to drop on the funding of a video game. What the hell?

No kidding!  After following quite a few KS campaigns, it's become abundantly clear there are some rather wealthy (or crazy) people out there who really LOVE video games.   It certainly seems crazy or frivolous, but there are far more ridiculous things to spend money on (buying luxury / sports cars, for instance).  At least they're helping to make a bigger / better game possible and some of the rewards are pretty damn cool if 10K is a drop in the bucket to you.  I would have loved to play a tabletop game with one of the Shadowrun creators. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: