Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 02:51:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334700 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ys: Memories of Celceta...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ys: Memories of Celceta...  (Read 1294 times)
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:07:58 PM »

I'm kind of surprised this isn't being talked about more. Now, granted, I didn't get into the Ys series until recently with Ys Seven. But after beating that game, it immediately became one of my favorite games to date! And the fact that Ys: Memories of Celceta is made the same way, has me thrilled! This year has been one great announcement after the next...at least in my book. :)

So my question is: Is anyone else as excited for this release as I am? And if you played Ys Seven, how did YOU like it?

pigTails of...
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:38:59 PM »

I'm looking forward to it, but I hope I get a job so I can buy a Vita first.

I really enjoyed Ys SEVEN. The world was interesting, the gameplay was great and the music was awesome. I had played the original Ys once through 'perfectly legal means' ages ago before Xseed really was a thing and I couldn't figure out the gameplay, but thanks to SEVEN, I got I+II for the PSP and Origins and Oath in Felghana for Steam. I even hunted down the PS2 version of Ark of Napishtim. I'm hoping Falcom does a remake of Ys V in the future. I like their remakes, they actually fix things and most of them aren't completely identical *coughFinalFantasy1cough*.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »

I fucking loved Ys seven, so yeah, this has my attention now.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:32:53 PM »

On my end, it's not being talked about more because there isn't anything TO talk about. Game's set to come out in late summer/fall IIRC, and I don't care to follow every piece of information until I basically see everything the game has to show.

Though since this has been brought up: let's link to the soundtrack on Amazon.com and iTunes.
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:37:05 PM »

On my end, it's not being talked about more because there isn't anything TO talk about. Game's set to come out in late summer/fall IIRC, and I don't care to follow every piece of information until I basically see everything the game has to show.

Though since this has been brought up: let's link to the soundtrack on Amazon.com and iTunes.

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to step on any toes in bringing this up! I just got excited about it and was wondering who else was too. But you're right, there isn't a whole lot of info on it just yet. But I did watch this video of the gameplay and it basically had me drooling on my keyboard. Haha.

pigTails of...
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:41:29 PM »

I don't think you were stepping on any toes, GuardianBoi.  Eusis was just explaining why there hasn't been much talk.  And actually there was some talk about it back in the thread about Xseed's big announcement.

I'm psyched for it.  Preordered pretty much as soon as it was announced.  Between this, Soul Sacrifice, and Muramasa: Rebirth it's not looking like such a bad year for the Vita.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 11:59:45 PM »

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to step on any toes in bringing this up! I just got excited about it and was wondering who else was too.

Nah, Kevadu's right, you're not really setting off me or likely anyone else, plus eventually there'll be release details at least, IE if there's an LE (hope so, maybe they can stuff a little guide in to make up for SCEA's manual policy for Vita games and it'd probably be better to have than a manual anyway) or any special events they're doing to get interest going.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 01:07:24 AM »

Let's ALSO link to our REVIEW of said soundtrack

http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/ys-celceta/index.html

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 01:36:48 AM »

Ah hahaha, whoops, sorry about that.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 02:52:36 AM »

The reason why I'm not discussing it is because I'm waiting for the Vita's price to drop outside of Japan while working on coming up with enough money to justify two new console purchases within the same year.

Hell, I still don't even have a PSP to play Ys Seven or Oath with due to lack of funds.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 03:20:50 AM »

Well if you get that Vita you can always play Ys Seven and Oath on it.  Just get them digitally.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »

Ah hahaha, whoops, sorry about that.

No worries, I'm just being a shill :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »

To say I'm excited would be an understatement. I literally jumped out of my chair and yelled, "YES!" when I read the localization announcement. I just wish it wasn't so far away, haha!

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »

I actually prefer Oath and Felghana and Origin to Ys Seven, which I still found okay.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 12:24:51 AM »

Well if you get that Vita you can always play Ys Seven and Oath on it.  Just get them digitally.

But I have Seven and Oath. That's the reason why I want to get a PSP.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: