Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 06:48:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329223 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lord British's Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lord British's Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues  (Read 880 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:51:26 PM »

Kickstarter here.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:54:34 PM by Eusis » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »

Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar was my first RPG, ever.  It's kind of weird, seeing two gaming properties from the long-defunct OSI coming to life through different naming conventions via Kickstarter (the other being Wing Commander).
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »

I think it's a bold gambit to make the $10 tier the "forgiveness tier." I get the joke and it amuses me, but I can see some people thinking it's a bit greedy.

Still, if nothing else, this guy is always pretty ambitious.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 09:32:40 PM »

Unfortunately, I remember that same ambition screwing over Tabula Rasa.

Then again, Kickstarters man. They'll get what they need/want from fans rather than from someone who may or may not have the courage to put enough faith into the project (as long as they keep it realistic).

That said, I'm not too sure an MMO where virtual real estate is a limited and supposedly sought after commodity is going to be appreciated when the Chinese gold farmers, hackers, and other assorted assholes, swoop in and claim-jump your $10k property faster than a greedy slimeball after catching wind of the first whispers of gold.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:41:01 PM »

To quote Jeff Green (a former games journalist for years and now director of community at PopCap):

Lord British has a Kickstarter? The dude lives in a castle and has been to outer space.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:21:11 PM »

Lord British has a Kickstarter? The dude lives in a castle and has been to outer space.

While that's something of a reason to be hesitant, Curt Schilling's a great example of why you should look into outside investment anyway.

Then again Richard Garriott got his millions from developing games, whereas Curt Schilling got them not through running any business but by being a good athlete, and Richard Garriott doesn't seem to be going in over his head here, not to the same extent anyway. Plus it seems like the Kickstarter's more about drumming up interest than getting funded.

I dunno, I'm keeping my eye on it, Torment's has me much more interested but if Richard Garriott really did put together an amazing team and belts out a great game I'll definitely want it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 11:27:39 PM »

Thoughts?

Seems alright I guess, but I'm definitely not the audience for this.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 02:59:50 PM »

Funded, and I'm glad because I wanted to see the interview/roast by Spoony. To be honest that's where most of my REAL Ultima knowledge comes from, watching his videos covering the whole series. Still need to watch the IX ones though, will need to before he gets a chance to do his interview.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »

This is about as far from my personal taste as you can get. That said, the "Art Creation and Trade" feature sounds cool to me as does having different roles for your pets.

Certainly has some promising aspects going for it. I'm always shocked when I see something and gets me to scratch my head and go "hmmm, haven't seen it done quite like that..."

If this looked a wee-bit prettier and was on a home console and not pc I'd be more enticed.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: