Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:36:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319703 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Elite Beat Agents songlist revealed.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Elite Beat Agents songlist revealed.  (Read 1775 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2006, 07:14:24 PM »

IGN link.

Comments?
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:03:20 PM »

I think one of the main reasons people liked Ouendan was because of the quirky japanese-ness of the game. I have yet to import (I will soon), but I don't think I'll be picking up EBA, not with songs like that anyways.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:29:42 PM »

Suffice to say, I'm not very interested in the game now that the songlist is out. God, how I wish for a Japanese sequel to Ouendan.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 07:45:40 AM »

Fuck that songlist. If I get this, I'll import the Japanese version.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 01:44:01 PM »

Its not that hard to import the game, its not like nintendo is denying us this game.  I'm not a fan of some of the songs but hey, I bet japanese gamers had the same reaction when the songlist of ouendan was shown.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 02:30:11 PM »

I am personally not big in any of the singers, bands etc... here personally (to each his own) and while I will still like to get the game, the song list is a bit hard for me to swallow, but that's just me :P

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 03:58:24 AM »

Highway Star is awesome.  The hammond solo after the second chorus is amazing.

Avril Lavigne need to die in fire.  Oh, and the rest is crap too.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 04:21:53 AM »

Oh god what a freakin' disappointment. There are a few songs I could see working well (like Walkie Talkie Man) but most of those tracks are complete crap. I will still pick the game up, just becaue I love Ouendan so much, but with this tracklist there's no way in hell Elite Beat Agents will come anywhere close to the greatness of that game.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 12:04:39 PM »

Anyone got this game yet? Despite the seemingly lackluster track list, the game has received glowing reviews from several  gaming publications. So, am now again tempted to pick it up despite not being a big fan of most of the songs. The game play and stories, at least, seem to be just as strong as in Ouendan.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 10:03:47 PM »

I went ahead and purchased this. Yes, I know I wasn't particularly enthused (see previous post) upon finding out the song list, but I couldn't pass up at more Ouendan, no matter how inferior it may be.

And 'lo and behold, it ain't bad. Ain't bad at all. First things out of the way, yes, the songlist is way, waaaay worse than Ouendan's. Some songs I really dislike. It's really apparent which songs you like, because you'll do really well in those stages that have good melodies and rhythms, but some songs are just plain awful and I sorta struggle more at those. But overall, it's more wacky, humorous levels and more fun. This is the same team that did the original game, after all. If you liked Ouendan, pick this up. If you've never played Ouendan but like music games, pick this up. If you hated Ouendan, well....kill yourself. =P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: