Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 08:50:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334485 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print
Author Topic: Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)  (Read 24902 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2014, 10:09:43 PM »

Dialogue is delightful so far. I was a little disappointed at the end of the Five chapter(in that it was only one part), but the dialogue was golden.

"She's good at faking it. I can tell."

Daaaaamn.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2014, 08:56:30 PM »

Tried this game for a bit today, got up to Chapter 2 Verse 3, and my GOD, this game is repetitive. I wanna stick with it because the dialogue is hilarious and the characters are insane. I also tried Nier for a bit too, got up to right after my first meeting with Kaine, and the combat is just boring so far. I'll stick with that one too, but then again I have nothing to lose since I didn't pay for the games.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2014, 11:51:37 PM »

I honestly think they should have ditched the mission-based gameplay.  I don't really see its purpose beyond railroading you to your goal. I'm sure some people like it; I don't.

Also, it's ridiculous how bad the load times and slowdown are given how large the install was.  I have no idea how they managed that.

But more positively, the dialogue is adorable/hilarious/great.

Side Note: Tara Platt as Zero?  Not sure if want.  She's not bad at all, in fact I quite like her, but I do find her somewhat distracting since it's the same voice she uses for everything. At least when Laura Bailey did Kaine she used her deeper voice that isn't used on every other character.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2014, 02:34:56 AM »

I found a new awesome reviewer.
And something no one else seems to have gotten is a glitch in chapter 3, the first time those spirits appear, for me the last one never came out even though it was on the minimap.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2014, 12:50:30 AM »

And something no one else seems to have gotten is a glitch in chapter 3, the first time those spirits appear, for me the last one never came out even though it was on the minimap.

Yeah wow I like this guy.  Low on bullshit, well balanced criticisms and compliments, and actually pretty funny. ....I'm kinda sad he doesn't do as many game reviews...and only has 99 videos (many which aren't necessarily...relevant to life[?]). :(

Subscribed!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2014, 02:01:27 AM »

-I agree with a lot of that video, though I think it looks objectively good in the sense that a lot of old games would be considered beautiful at release but ugly if they were made recently.
-As for this review, the camera is pretty standard and works like it should; haven't had aaaany problems with sound mixing.
-The framerate is so so generally, and it never seems to slow down (much?) at the most important parts.
edit: also, people seem to exaggerate the amount of the vulgarity.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:03:01 AM by insertnamehere » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2014, 02:20:18 AM »

I kinda of want this game... but I kind of don't.

I think the premise, story, setting and character sound fascinating. I dislike really repetitive games though, so... I don't know what to do. :P

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2014, 03:33:34 AM »

I think the premise, story, setting and character sound fascinating. I dislike really repetitive games though, so... I don't know what to do. :P

I'm probably gonna jump on it the second a [decent] sale hits.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2014, 03:42:46 AM »

Didn't get released on disc here, so unless I want to import I'm stuck on waiting for a PSN price drop (like that'll happen). I think it's $80 or so here on PSN too. Very pricey.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2014, 04:21:13 AM »

Yeah wow I like this guy.  Low on bullshit, well balanced criticisms and compliments, and actually pretty funny. ....I'm kinda sad he doesn't do as many game reviews...and only has 99 videos (many which aren't necessarily...relevant to life[?]). :(

Subscribed!

Some of his best videos are the ones that contain "dumb and/or random humor". Dude knows how to articulate his opinion though.

Also, 9/11 (from his channel).
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2014, 05:41:52 AM »

Wait for a good LP to hit and watch that, or for someone else to get the game then borrow it off of them.

That's my gameplan until the day I can get my hands on a PS3.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2014, 06:04:34 AM »

A LP is a good idea. Might try that! Thanks Aeolus!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: