Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:10:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319247 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)  (Read 13714 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2013, 12:07:25 PM »

Yeah, hopefully by 60% complete they mean "the game is done, we're mostly reworking graphics".  Hopefully it looks fluid at least.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2013, 03:34:05 PM »

Nier looked kind of weird. Like, low-tier PS3/XBox360 graphics, but with really, really shiny textures and lighting.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2013, 04:01:11 PM »

This is a cropped portion of an official screenshot:

I realize that it's still in development, but you don't ship out unflattering screenshots of your product.  Who the hell made the decision to take these screenshots and then send them out for public consumption?  Screenshots are supposed to get people excited about a game.  I'm pretty sure this is going to do the opposite.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2013, 05:08:11 PM »

Access Games is not exactly known for their games having the best graphics. You can see the list of the games they have made in Wikipedia.

...I think that their best looking games are Deadly Premonition (2010) for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 along with Lord of Apocalypse (2011) for PS Vita.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I loved Nier, I couldn't bring myself to finish Drakengard and I actually have never played 2. So....call me interested a bit I guess. Good thing is that what you guys are for, lol. After it comes out I feel confidant I will learn everything I need to know here, or at least enough to make a decision on whether to get it or not.

Everything's Eventual
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/26/zeros-dragon-in-drakengard-3-is-named-mikhail/

We got a name for the dragon and some additional tidbits.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »

Curious what "zero" and "one" has to do with the story... they said it's to make things easier.... iuno.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2013, 07:08:41 PM »

My thought is that, if it's related to Nier:

Code:
Emil was named number seven, created as a weapon.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're his predecessors.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2013, 08:56:40 PM »

My thought is that, if it's related to Nier:

Code:
Emil was named number seven, created as a weapon.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're his predecessors.

That raises an interesting question about D1:
Code:
What happened to the main world in that game after it goes to Tokyo?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »

I hope and pray this is a sequel to Drakengard 1 based on that very premise.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2013, 02:46:26 AM »

Drakengard 3 screenshots -- Source: Gematsu

"Square Enix has released a new set of Drakengard 3 screenshots, introducing protagonist Zero's dragon partner Mikhail and showing mounted dragon combat."
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »

They gotta stop revealing screen shots and go directly for gameplay. 

I'm willing to cut the crap graphics some slack if it's traditional Drakengard gameplay (where the camera is pulled pretty far back 90% of the time).

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »

They gotta stop revealing screen shots and go directly for gameplay. 

I'm willing to cut the crap graphics some slack if it's traditional Drakengard gameplay (where the camera is pulled pretty far back 90% of the time).

The problem with this is that they could do much better than traditional Drakengard gameplay. But as long as there are a ton of cursed weapons with messed up backstories to collect and a dragon to ride and burninate with then it should be fine enough (please don't hide the final ending behind a batshit rhythm minigame showdown).

Also, who, I wonder, is the dragon Mikhail reincarnated from? Hopefully, its not baldy from D1. That guy needed a sharp pointy thing crammed up his ass big time.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »

Drakengard 3 Producer and Creative Director explain how the game came to be -- Source: Siliconera

"Producer Takamasa Shiba and creative director Taro Yoko recently talked to Famitsu about how they decided to make Drakengard 3 and the idea behind some of the character designs, along with combat details."
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »

I will buy this. I'd buy anything that contributes to the slim chance of Nier 2 ever happening though.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: