Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327405 Posts in 13405 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)  (Read 20131 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2013, 06:34:10 AM »

Bumping for promiscuous news and bad news (for tri-Ace and SaGa fans anyway).

Drakengard 3's lead character is rather promiscuous / Drakengard 3's Apostles (famitsu scans)

"We recently reported that Drakengard 3's protagonist, Zero, will have other allies aside from dragons to help fight on the battlefield. They're male characters called "Apostles," who we’ve briefly described. This week's issue of Dengeki gives us a closer look.

According to Dengeki, the Apostles serve the role of... satiating Zero's sexual desires. She can also take along two of them to help out on the battlefield."

Producer: New Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Romancing Saga [are] not being made now

"In an interview with the game news source Famitsu, Taro Yokō and Takamasa Shiba — creative director and producer for Square Enix's Drakengard 3 action role-playing game — revealed that the company is not currently making new installments to their Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, or Romancing Saga video game series."

Source(s): Siliconera, Clear Mono Chrome, Anime News Network
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2013, 11:35:56 AM »

Producer: New Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Romancing Saga [are] not being made now

"In an interview with the game news source Famitsu, Taro Yokō and Takamasa Shiba — creative director and producer for Square Enix's Drakengard 3 action role-playing game — revealed that the company is not currently making new installments to their Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, or Romancing Saga video game series."

Source(s): Siliconera, Clear Mono Chrome, Anime News Network

Not surprised at the lack of another SaGa game (Squeenix has pretty much canned everything from its pre-merger days save for DQ and FF), and I believe that the world can do without a 5th Star Ocean game (hell, we already have Final Fantasy for the futuristic space "Syfy" and pants-on-head retarded plots quota now), though I would be remiss about the lack of another Profile, but given that they didn't shut down the possibility of another Resonance of Fate game, I'm not worried about that either.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2013, 06:32:50 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/27/another-eccentric-lady-joins-the-cast-of-drakengard-3/

Double posting for an update. I suspect the new character is going to be a boss fight at some point.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/26/drakengard-3-coming-out-on-october-31-in-a-beautiful-box-set/

Also posting a boxset for Japan.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2013, 11:13:59 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/27/another-eccentric-lady-joins-the-cast-of-drakengard-3/

Double posting for an update. I suspect the new character is going to be a boss fight at some point.

Hi, Five!

Fucking......glorious.

$200. D:
Any hardcores here going for it?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2013, 12:02:47 AM »

Drakengard 3 mini-novels expand on Zero's backstory - Part 1 -- Source: Final Fantasy FXN Network

I suspect the new character is going to be a boss fight at some point.

Man, the way you say this almost makes the entire announcement of her boring to me. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:29:02 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2013, 08:50:06 AM »

Surprised no one posted these in this thread yet.
Finally a trailer
Excellent marketing destined to go largely unnoticed
(Just like his previous campaign)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1tkHckQgo0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXlaJVrqq3w

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »

I am interested based on the trailer. Gameplay looks very similar to the previous games (for better or worse), but hopefully the camera is improved. Story will definitely be interesting, but Jesus, the tiny guy looks waaay to young. That is going to get super disturbing fast I think.

I can't think of many female anti-heroes main characters in gaming, and I can't think of many games featuring this particular brand of blatant sexualization across all ages, genders and body types, so the game will at the very least be different.
Here's to hoping it is actually good, and that it eventually makes it over.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2013, 10:37:54 PM »

Drakengard 3 - Growing Wings / Tsukiru / Exhausted

Drakengard 3 Mini-Novel gives a glimpse into Five's character - Part 2 -- Source: Final Fantasy FXN Network
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:02:02 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »

FOUR:

"She is the fifth of the Utautai sisters and governs the mountain country. She speaks and acts with grace and has the refined personality of a good listener. But behind her prim and stiff personality hides a twisted inferiority complex. Much like the other Utautai, she possesses a high sex drive, but due to her repressed personality, she has never been able to act upon it and, among her sisters, is the only virgin."

Source: Kotaku

---

Full resolution
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2013, 02:03:17 PM »

FOUR:

"She is the fifth of the Utautai sisters and governs the mountain country. She speaks and acts with grace and has the refined personality of a good listener. But behind her prim and stiff personality hides a twisted inferiority complex. Much like the other Utautai, she possesses a high sex drive, but due to her repressed personality, she has never been able to act upon it and, among her sisters, is the only virgin."

Source: Kotaku

---

Full resolution

I admire a J-game that's willing to actually be more upfront about sex and virgins, I feel like that's almost Japanese-taboo half the time (Tales used a unicorn to barely or ambiguously graze the subject?  Eitherway, it's certainly omitted from a lot of games).

Dunno if this is the best way to do it (it's like sorority girls in Drakengard American Pie discussing who lose their V-card), but I like it anyways.

...the Drakengard/Last Story artist has certainly taken a more anime route these days....  And yeah I've already pictured watering Zero's eye

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2013, 01:39:48 PM »

Drakengard 3 10th anniversary box adds Kaine costume DLC -- Source: Gematsu

Along with a replica of the script of the first Drakengard. Aside from that "Weapon Stories" will return to D3.

There's also a video showing a bit of gameplay from a NicoNico broadcast with terrible quality.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2013, 02:14:48 PM »

I think they meant they're adding Kaine's lack of a costume...

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »

I think they meant they're adding Kaine's lack of a costume...

Does she have a slit in the bottom of each ...breast pocket area?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2013, 01:05:20 PM »

^Dunno. *shrug*

@Agent D.: DOAX2/Swimsuit catalogues
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2013, 06:38:27 PM »

^Dunno. *shrug*

@Agent D.: DOAX2/Swimsuit catalogues
I expect that from DoA, I hold my rpgs to a higher standard.

Kasumi would look awesome in Kaine's outfit though.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: