Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:33:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332865 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)  (Read 24339 times)
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2013, 09:25:53 AM »

Finally official:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/09/drakengard-3-coming-to-ps3-in-2014/
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1831.html
The bit about exclusive pre.ordering occuring at the Sqeenix website is a bit odd though.
Really excited for how this one will turn out. And the music... :D
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »

Finally official:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/09/drakengard-3-coming-to-ps3-in-2014/
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1831.html
The bit about exclusive pre.ordering occuring at the Sqeenix website is a bit odd though.
Really excited for how this one will turn out. And the music... :D

Indeed. :) Personally, I've never played a Darkengard game in my life, but I'm a huge fan of Nier, so if this game is anything like that, (and the new trailer definitely gives me hope,) then I'll be all over this title. :D
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Who else is going broke next year?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2013, 12:20:12 PM »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Who else is going broke next year?

Well, it's listed as $50 in their store, so it could be worse all things considered. My memory is terrible, but what are the other super-exciting games coming out 2014? 

So does this mean the squeenix webstore will be the only place to get this in the US?
Seems like it will be download-only for the European release, though. :/ Hopefully it's not 30GB or something, but I may just attempt to import the US version.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2013, 12:45:04 PM »

My memory is terrible, but what are the other super-exciting games coming out 2014?

Dark Souls II, Bravely Default, Lightning Returns, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, inFamous: Second Son, The Evil Within and a bunch of others I don't remember or don't know anything about.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »

It's not a Squeenix store exclusive. Not digitally, anyway.

I'm so happy this is coming here. I am so going broke in 2014. I didn't buy a ton of stuff this year but next year? Oh yes.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2013, 01:09:04 PM »

My memory is terrible, but what are the other super-exciting games coming out 2014?

Dark Souls II, Bravely Default, Lightning Returns, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, inFamous: Second Son, The Evil Within and a bunch of others I don't remember or don't know anything about.

Possibly SMTXFE (although it would probably be late in the year at this rate), TitS SC, maybe a new Persona game, among other things.

I will admit that I have my eye on Natural Doctrine even though there's currently no measure for its quality yet (or even its localization, although I am hoping that being an early/launch PS4 title will improve its chances out here).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »

Yes, please, to all of the above. :D
Keep forgetting that there is no way FFX was coming out this year. Picking up a ps4 to play infamous would be the most costly investment, but that is the game that looks like it could sell me on the system. Bravely default launches in 2013 in Europe (not that it helps much). Guess the time to start saving up is now.

It's not a Squeenix store exclusive. Not digitally, anyway.

Good news. I will probably import then :9
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »

Well, I'm not sure about physical copies and whether they're exclusive to the store or not. I'd like one myself, my PS3 is running a bit low on space. I blame Mass Effect.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »

Possibly SMTXFE (although it would probably be late in the year at this rate), TitS SC, maybe a new Persona game, among other things.

I will admit that I have my eye on Natural Doctrine even though there's currently no measure for its quality yet (or even its localization, although I am hoping that being an early/launch PS4 title will improve its chances out here).

Additionally some of the more promising kickstarters will hopefully bear fruit next year as well.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »

I've heard Digital River are evil incarnate, but screw it, JP preorder cancelled, I'd rather understand it.
(I'm not giving DR my main card#, no way.)

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2013, 07:31:08 PM »

DR is pretty bad sometimes. I heard they messed up Ni no Kuni pre-orders on Namco Bandai's website really badly, and Square Enix's store hasn't been the greatest. Heard a lot of complaints about digital, like FF7. As for physical stuff, I've ordered two Play Arts on their store and they've come to Canada completely fine.

But I've never PRE-ordered through DR, so hm.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2013, 07:40:26 PM »

DR is pretty bad sometimes. I heard they messed up Ni no Kuni pre-orders on Namco Bandai's website really badly, and Square Enix's store hasn't been the greatest. Heard a lot of complaints about digital, like FF7. As for physical stuff, I've ordered two Play Arts on their store and they've come to Canada completely fine.

But I've never PRE-ordered through DR, so hm.

IIRC, the issue with Digital River was some company bought up a BUNCH of the Ni no Kuni CE's and sold them at triple the price.  They didn't have a quantity limit.

I hope we see an artbook for this game soon.  The Drakengard 2 is one of the best ones out there (even has a REALLY awesome "spin off" section for a game starring Angel and Legna as people; and a Drakengard dating-sim-like game).   

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2013, 08:03:50 PM »

IIRC, the issue with Digital River was some company bought up a BUNCH of the Ni no Kuni CE's and sold them at triple the price.  They didn't have a quantity limit.

Then DR should have had a quantity limit.  Or at the very least they should have checked with Namco Bandai to make sure they weren't selling more copies than they were producing and cut off preorders once they hit that limit.

There is simply no excuse for letting people preorder something and then not delivering.  If your order system is so incompetent that you don't know how to handle a third party making a large order then that's still your problem.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2013, 08:07:43 PM »

Then DR should have had a quantity limit.  Or at the very least they should have checked with Namco Bandai to make sure they weren't selling more copies than they were producing and cut off preorders once they hit that limit.

There is simply no excuse for letting people preorder something and then not delivering.  If your order system is so incompetent that you don't know how to handle a third party making a large order then that's still your problem.

I'm not defending them.  It's a shitty thing and that CE artbook alone would have been worth the price for me.

But yeah, they gone and goofed it good.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: