Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 07:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331456 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Surprise! Drakengard 3 (aka; how to damn "nier" lose your shit about old title)  (Read 23511 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2013, 02:30:47 AM »

Does the fucken Dragon talk like an 8 year old in this one or am I just hearing some other voice?  .....BRrrrrRrrrrr.....

Code:
Yes.  He doesn't at first, but he gets some brain damage and reverts to a childlike mentality.  Hence the young voice.

Also, this isn't too big of spoilers, it happens in the first twenty minutes, so don't worry.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2013, 03:50:10 AM »

Code:
I wonder if we should be sensing a theme with Caim in D1 losing his voice and Mikhail also having a voice issue both in about 20 minutes after the game starts.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2013, 02:19:21 PM »

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!
http://youtu.be/vNl3hd_cs00
I assume it's the D Boss, but a "successful" attempt.
Code:
That's a really, really cruel fight to screw the camera up on you like that.  And it only gets worse... purposefully worse.  Apparently things are "still going on" whent he screen fades to black (so if you fail to keep up even then you'll die)... so, uh, get good at rhythm games.  If I wasn't so in love with the overall spectacle, I can tell I'd hate the hell out of fighting it.  Here's hoping there's an "easy mode" as generous as it was in NieR.

I love the song. ;_;

http://youtu.be/rCIU0nnoa7I
Cute moment with the dragon singing a tune about himself.
"Yay!"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:29:59 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2013, 07:24:23 PM »

Code:
Yeah, apparently the D Ending fight is stupidly hard, especially seen if you watch the streams.  As of when I went to
bed last night, no one had beaten it and they had been working on it for a full day.  It seems someone was finally able to.

I watched a streamer for ~15 minutes last night and he was having a mental breakdown after having done it for hours and hours.

Now to resist the urge to watch the endings.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »

Pre-orders are happening now for this. I pre-ordered a collector's edition, but damn did the S-E store make me wish I could've just gotten my copy with Amazon.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »

Pre-orders are happening now for this. I pre-ordered a collector's edition, but damn did the S-E store make me wish I could've just gotten my copy with Amazon.

Yeah, Squeenix store pretty much makes it a 'wait for it' title for me. #inb4EUgripesaboutdigitalonly

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2014, 04:41:35 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/27/drakengard-3s-new-dlc-featuring-zeros-sisters-look-cuter-expected/

Beautifully illustrated DLC! :D

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »

Saw this earlier today. Still looks amazing.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »

Well they got me because I'm a freak about alternate outfit DLC... guess I got a month left to pre-order now...

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/drakengard-3s-nier-kaine-costumes-pre-order-bonus/

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2014, 05:25:52 PM »

Well they got me because I'm a freak about alternate outfit DLC... guess I got a month left to pre-order now...

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/drakengard-3s-nier-kaine-costumes-pre-order-bonus/

Kainé's outfit looks like it's missing the "nipple slit" it had before. :P
I actually *loved* how she looked in Caim's outfit.

I watched a Let's Play of Drakengard 3.  My boyfriend was pretty impressed with how deliciously dark some of the scenes are.

Also, don't know how many knew about this, but it was in the artbook for D2 and ran apparently before it was out in Japan: Angelegna the dating sim. :P
http://drakengard.wikia.com/wiki/Angelegna

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2014, 08:56:32 PM »

Ok folks, time for the obligatory question you always know someone will pose before a franchise gets a new installment....

I never got around to Nier. Should I do so before Drakengard 3 comes out or can I hold off for a rainy day sometime in the future?

I ask because I foresee the end of my current RPG focus in the not so distant future and I really want to get to Escha and Dodgy next, but I also totally want my ducks in order for Drakengard's release at the end of may.

I hate new releases.... they conflict my "wants" with my "shoulds" in terms of my gaming agenda. LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2014, 09:17:13 PM »

For the love of god, Klyde, play Nier.

I'm honestly not sure how much it really ties into Drakengard 3, but Nier is certainly worth playing for its own merits.

Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2014, 09:43:06 PM »

Ok folks, time for the obligatory question you always know someone will pose before a franchise gets a new installment....

I never got around to Nier. Should I do so before Drakengard 3 comes out or can I hold off for a rainy day sometime in the future?

I ask because I foresee the end of my current RPG focus in the not so distant future and I really want to get to Escha and Dodgy next, but I also totally want my ducks in order for Drakengard's release at the end of may.

I hate new releases.... they conflict my "wants" with my "shoulds" in terms of my gaming agenda. LoL
From import reviews and impressions, it seems like the general consensus is that D3 is better in gameplay, but Nier is better in everything else.  So, take that for what it's worth.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2014, 12:40:06 AM »

You should play Nier simply because it's a great game and you owe it to yourself to do so.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »

I'd play Nier just to find out if you're interested in the world. It certainly isn't for everyone. I for one hated Nier and lost all interest in this game after trying it.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: