Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 02:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327154 Posts in 13391 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  EA begins to charge for cheats
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EA begins to charge for cheats  (Read 1552 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

1up story.

Oh my god... This is starting to turn into one of the worst 'looks good on paper, bad in execution' ideas ever.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 04:50:45 PM »

See, this is why I hate EA.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 05:47:52 PM »

Man, what were they smoking to come up with that idea?

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 06:03:36 PM »

I know I said that paying for improving your 360 rating was bad, but this is worse.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 06:20:29 PM »

Despite how stupid this is, I'd still lean towards the GamerScore rising service being worse. If you only want to cheat a a few games, buying cheats for them for 2 bucks is way better than getting a Cheat Device (though they really should include something /really/ nice that wasn't normally done with button presses), while a GamerScore is utterly meaningless in the grand scheme of things and costs $40 at the cheapest.

Edit: Though on further consideration, this is more likely to be a serious success, and establishing a bad precedent. We'll see, I guess, but at the moment I still think the GameScore thing's worse. :P
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 07:30:42 PM »

Am I the only one who remembers this being done during the NES/SNES/Genesis days? The only difference is you download it instead of calling them and paying $4 per minute for cheats.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 07:39:02 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Am I the only one who remembers this being done during the NES/SNES/Genesis days? The only difference is you download it instead of calling them and paying $4 per minute for cheats.

You can still get those from a friend, take a peek in a magazine at a store, or just... Button mash and figure it out for yourself.

I swear it was only like a buck or two per minute anyway. The magazines, on the other hand... Well, that's like a combo package.
Phoenix's Rage

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »

Fuck EA, I don't even buy enough of their worthless games to want to cheat anyway. But I'd like to see EA get around me using my Code Breaker on their games... idiots.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 08:18:15 PM »

Quote from: "Phoenix's Rage"
Fuck EA, I don't even buy enough of their worthless games to want to cheat anyway. But I'd like to see EA get around me using my Code Breaker on their games... idiots.

To be fair, I, err, have yet to hear of X360 cheat devices, and the system may actually be warded against them. But I might just be ignorant since I don't give a shit about those.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 09:16:34 PM »

This is why I face the perils and stupidty of GameFaqs, so I can be a cheap bitch and not pay for this stuff! I don't see how much money they'll make for this very reason.

I guess I'm not gonna get cheats on Sims 2 anymore (I play Sims 2, okay? Stop laughing! :| )

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 09:29:11 PM »

Quote from: "Lucca"
(I play Sims 2, okay? Stop laughing! :| )

... Huh?
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 10:07:07 PM »

In truth, I personally think the whole buying new tracks and cars Sony is doing with Gran Turismo is the worst of them all. Sure, you do not need to get all of them, but there are quite a number of people who likes to get everything in the game including me (for games I really like) so this is a huge turnoff.

To Lucca: I am a big fan of the Sims 2 too so that's cool :)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 12:08:37 AM »

I think most people like The Sims. I even like The Sims. I don't play it anymore but I did quite frequently for the first few months the original was released. It just sucked up too much of my gaming time.

Huh? Oh yea, on topic:

Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me. Whatever happened to the classic Konami code? That shit is all anyone should ever need.

I don't play EA games though, so it doesn't really matter to me. If they want to charge five bucks for create a player on Madden then that is fine by me.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 07:21:22 AM »

EA = Eternally Asses.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: