Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 04:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319662 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Recommendations for RPGs on a PSPgo?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Recommendations for RPGs on a PSPgo?  (Read 3540 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:29 AM »

The load times seem to be coded in. The music actually fades out between screens which is utterly baffling.

If you want to play a Lunar game and you can't get your hands on the PS1 version, there are worse games, but it's not the best port.

Can't be worse than Lunar Legend :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

KillerRabbit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2013, 07:13:17 AM »

Just have to say that threads like this is why i llike this community as much as i do. I'm going to pick up Trails in the Sky and Oath...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:29:26 AM by KillerRabbit » Logged
Vencoris

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2013, 03:21:16 AM »

Thanks again for all the recommendations.  I've been enjoying TitS and Ys oath so far.

For those of you who, like me, end up getting your games from psn you may want to stock up on cards from best buy now.

$50 psn card for $45 from best buy

Make sure you are a member of the gamers club for 4% best buy credit, and buy them through the discover card shopping portal (if you have a discover card) for an extra 5% cash back; resulting in the psn cards being ~18% off (+free shipping).  Then you can hold on to them until Sony runs a sale on psn to compound the discounts.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PlayStation+Network+Card+(%2450)/8945779.p?id=1215819129997&skuId=8945779&st=psn%20card&cp=1&lp=2

They've been periodically unavailable for shipping, just check again in a bit and they should be orderable.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:28:07 AM by Vencoris » Logged
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2013, 04:45:46 AM »

You might want to look into Lunar Silver Star Harmony, if you play it digitally it wont have loading times. It was the first lunar game that I have ever played and I didnt come disappointed. The game is fairly short for an rpg(20 hours), the pacing of the story is outstanding, it's an overall classic. I prefer the music & graphics and dialogue of this version over the ps1 release. The only thing ps1 ver has going for it is longer dungeons and some difficulty(which are not important for me in a game such as lunar which is all about the characters, story and setting)

Ys seven is my favourite psp game so far.. It's really outstanding. I prefer it over oath tbh. I prefer the combat system, I love how you can switch between characters on the fly and how you have so many skills to use. Not to mention that the soundtrack is just as good if not better than oath.
In terms of story, I dont really know which I prefer tbh, but Ys seven left a greater impact in my memory atleast.

If you love final fantasy 7, crisis core is an obvious game to play. It's an excellent prequel with a really good story and fun combat.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2013, 08:56:12 PM »

You might want to look into Lunar Silver Star Harmony, if you play it digitally it wont have loading times.

Really?  The UMD version was certainly painful if you like exploring villages and towns.  So many loading screens.  Did the digital version have the music cut out on every loading screen as well?  That was a huge pet peeve of mine for the UMD version.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2013, 07:00:17 AM »

You might want to look into Lunar Silver Star Harmony, if you play it digitally it wont have loading times.

Really?  The UMD version was certainly painful if you like exploring villages and towns.  So many loading screens.  Did the digital version have the music cut out on every loading screen as well?  That was a huge pet peeve of mine for the UMD version.

Well, when I played it through my memory stick I had no isssues whatsoever. In fact I had no idea the game had these problems until I read it here on the interwebs. I suppose the issue lies in the UMD.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »

The fadeout is present on the digital version. It just doesn't stay silent for so long.
Vencoris

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2013, 12:59:54 AM »

Playing on the PSP has been so successful that I took advantage of the recent sales and upgraded to a Vita (for the screen + vita games).

Looking through the game library I'm curious about Atelier Totori Plus.  I've never played anything from the Atelier series before so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Reviews have me thinking that there may be more strategy in the time and resource management and less grinding which would work well for me since I only have about 4-5 hours per week to play and I want to spend it making decisions (or at least demanding my attention), not grinding away.

Is this impression correct?  Or does the game feature a lot of time-sink grinding?
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »

Wasting time grinding is pretty well discouraged in the recent Atelier games as you have a time limit on finishing the game. That said, it does take some getting used to watching two in-game weeks go by for going out and gathering some stuff.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2013, 06:59:29 PM »

Useful thread for a bored Vita owner too... and as far as Lunar: harmony goes, it drives me insane. I had the game for Sega CD and again for PS1 and loved it, but even digital download on vita the load times are awful.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2013, 04:29:39 AM »

Useful thread for a bored Vita owner too... and as far as Lunar: harmony goes, it drives me insane. I had the game for Sega CD and again for PS1 and loved it, but even digital download on vita the load times are awful.

That's really weird.. I could swear that I had no problems whatsoever with the game. Perhaps I just dont really care enough about loading times to even notice them.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: