Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 03:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338751 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wasteland 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wasteland 2  (Read 406 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2014, 09:20:09 PM »

Woah, this comes out tomorrow.  I had almost forgotten about it.

My Tides of Numenera Kickstarter tier gets me a copy of this too so I'll be checking it out.  But I'm surprised about how little pre-release hype there's been.  This was the first big successful RPG Kickstarter and now the fruits of that funding are almost here.  So why isn't anyone talking about it.  I think I would have missed the release if the recent Numenera trailer hadn't reminded me.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:51:31 AM »

I'm waiting for a review...to tell me how many bugs there are so I can play the copy I just bought this evening.

...actually, this is the first Full-priced game I've gotten on Steam ever. I'm sure it'll be worth it.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »

We're gonna be playing it right away, and talking about it on the podcast. I'm also interested to see how buggy it is. Seems like they've spent al ot of time polishing though, so maybe we'll get lucky.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 08:53:46 AM »

The game has been getting pretty good reviews.  The reviewer at Jostiq claims to have experienced some crashes and other bugs, but it appears to be that something about the hardware configuration they used caused this, as most other reviewers haven't reported any. 

I backed it on Kickstarter, but I think I'll hold off on playing it for awhile.  I hear there's still a chance they might add perks in an update, so I don't mind waiting a little longer.  Besides, I haven't actually played Wasteland 1 yet, but inXile game me a copy of it on GOG.  But at the moment, Shadowrun Dragonfall DC has got me hooked.   
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 03:44:30 PM »

Man I wanna get the upgraded Wasteland 1 sometime. I wish a bunch of older games would get the treatment of someone dropping the /text paragraphs/ into the games proper. Especially Dragon Wars -- the Gold Box stuff as a whole is probably a little too archaic for me now, but Dragon Wars is quite good.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 11:10:05 AM »

It's been playing fairly well for me so far, but there are some technical hiccups here and there.  Certain parts of the game haven't been optimized very well, with framerate dips or far too much graphics horsepower going into a small room, for instance. 

Having a blast so far, though.  I recommend playing on "seasoned" if the higher difficulties are too much.  It allows for some mistakes here and there. 
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 07:40:28 AM »

I've seen a few screenshots, it...kind of looks like Fallout. Not that its a surprise, but we're now in a weird place where a sequel to Wasteland is being influenced by Fallout which was influenced by Wasteland. It might not be Streetfighter: the movie - the game, but its still amusing.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: