Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318939 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shadowrun Returns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Shadowrun Returns  (Read 3235 times)
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »

I'm so excited for this game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MiMjQwd2VE

I enjoyed the Genesis game immensely back when it came out.  Played the SNES game more recently which was also pretty cool.  But I love that this spiritual sucessor is going to be turn-based.

Check out the Dragon Fin Soup raffle contest for a chance to win free art prints, plushies, or a deluxe digital copy of the game.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:50:27 AM »

This looks like everything I loved about the SNES game combined with everything I I love about Fallout. Pre ordered based on the footage. Can't wait to play it.

Also JAKE ARMITAGE

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »

played the SNES one way back in the day, don't remember much about it except there was an arena, enemies drop blue dollas and at some point you threatened a vampire with a stake. Will definitely look into this new one when it comes out.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:16 AM »

Whoa, that was seriously impressive. This looks like the kind of Western RPG I've been waiting to see. Glad Kickstarter worked out for them, and it looks like they'll be delivering. Where exactly can I pre-order, btw?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:59 AM »

Whoa, that was seriously impressive. This looks like the kind of Western RPG I've been waiting to see. Glad Kickstarter worked out for them, and it looks like they'll be delivering. Where exactly can I pre-order, btw?

Just go to Harebrained Schemes Website.  Yeah, pre-ordering now if you haven't is definitely a good idea because it will be $5 off the release price and I recall them saying on another recent video that they will be closing pre-orders soon. 

Check out the Dragon Fin Soup raffle contest for a chance to win free art prints, plushies, or a deluxe digital copy of the game.
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 04:26:01 PM »

I'm glad the combat is turn-based/strategy more so than an action rpg. I was afraid it was going to be more like Torchlight or something similar.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »

Turn-based is a rarity these days, so I'm pretty stoked for it.  Plus, I love the Shadowrun universe.  I never played the tabletop, but I read a bunch of the novels (I enjoyed Jak Koke's novels). 

I approve of this nonsense!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 06:23:29 PM »

I'm glad the combat is turn-based/strategy more so than an action rpg. I was afraid it was going to be more like Torchlight or something similar.

I was expecting something more like Buldar's Gate or WoW, you know, Action/Turn-based Hybrid. I'm not a big fan of that type of gameplay. I'm glad it's more strategic and has turn-based movement during combat like the original Fallout. That was the best feature of that game in my opinion.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 10:06:07 AM »

Yes, it definitely reminds me of Fallout 1 & 2.  I've also seen it compared to Jagged Alliance 2 and X-Com: Enemy Unknown but haven't played either of those.

Hmm, I'm rather surprised that RPGFan hasn't previewed this game at all yet.  I'm hoping this will change once the game is closer to release.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »

I'd love a quasi-action game like the Shadowrun for Genesis, but I am certainly stoked for SR, especially since it was one of the first games I kickstarted.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 02:50:57 PM »

This was the very first game I kickstarted (although I also backed Wasteland 2, right before their campaign ended).  I really hope it is a huge success so there can be many expansions beyond the already planned Berlin DLC. 

Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 03:31:41 AM »

Oh, wow! This looks SO very impressive! I've actually been wanting to invest in the new Shadowrun tabletop books and start up a campaign. Deus Ex: HR made me fall in love with that sort of dystopian future and I wanna' RP in the future, so yeah.

At any rate, until I can afford those core materials, this game looks rad enough to fill in the gaps for me. It's pretty, has all those elements I loved in Fallouts 1 and 2 and its got a great setting! Glad it got Kickstarted, but I'm sad that I missed out on contributing to that...

Just Greg, thanks.
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 11:03:05 AM »

Oh, wow! This looks SO very impressive! I've actually been wanting to invest in the new Shadowrun tabletop books and start up a campaign. Deus Ex: HR made me fall in love with that sort of dystopian future and I wanna' RP in the future, so yeah.

At any rate, until I can afford those core materials, this game looks rad enough to fill in the gaps for me. It's pretty, has all those elements I loved in Fallouts 1 and 2 and its got a great setting! Glad it got Kickstarted, but I'm sad that I missed out on contributing to that...

If you like you can still pre-order it here.  (Saves $5 off of the planned launch price). 

I'm also excited that they are releasing it with the game editor which will allow all players to create their own campaigns and upload them similar to NWN's toolset.  There's sure to be some good ones that will keep us busy while we wait for the planned Berlin campaign. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:36:18 AM by daved » Logged

pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »

This game is right up my alley, a dark alley with a samurai woman.
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 12:18:02 PM »

Only about a month or two until the tentative release date!  I hope it's not delayed but I'd rather have them put out a polished game than release something that seems buggy and unfinished. 

The lead game artist did an update a couple weeks ago that explains how the game editor will work for anyone who is interested:  http://harebrained-schemes.com/post/mikes-dev-diary-art/

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: