Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 11:40:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329458 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem -- Why do I play it???
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem -- Why do I play it???  (Read 4153 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 05:51:22 PM »

Played the GameCube one.  Beat it.  Was really fun, up until Ike got ye olde super sword and became a one man army, at which point things became way too easy.  I took him and Rhys for healing support to win the final battle to see if I could pull off a victory, and I did, though it took a long time.  I'd simply position him in spots and let him just counterattack everything to death, and he'd usually heal himself to full health, IF he got hit.  Only had to heal him regularly against the boss.

Was a cool game, but Shining Force 3 still trumps it.
Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 05:52:02 PM »

I'm torn about Fire Emblem. I love challenge in games. I am perfectly willing to lose and come back for more.

But when I face an issue like whether or not I should restart over the death of a character, I feel kind of icky. Basically, I have the choice of accepting it as a loss and trying again, or accepting it as a set-back and keep on going without that character. For some reason making that decision kind of ruins it for me.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 06:00:10 PM »

I don't reset when someone dies in FE, unless it's my only healer or something. It's part of what makes the game good.

Though character death certainly doesn't work for all games. FFT for example, you just put to much effort into a character to start one over. Although it's not usually a issue since you have 3 turns to revive someone, it's still pointless design because NOBODY is going to not reset if it happens.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 08:17:11 PM »

in the abscence of a real shining force game fire emblem owns. the only thing i dont get is why the fire emblem game with Roy in it wasnt released here but its prequel was. and Lyn owns.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 05:28:13 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"

Yes, she does!

And yeah...  Fire Emblem is really my Shining Force crutch.  I mean, it's been so long since an SF game and I have played the older ones all to death...  But Fire Emblem is new (at least over here) and trendy, so that has taken SF's place.  ...At least until we actually get SFIV.  :P

I agree with you too, Ash...  Well, about the fanbase.  And...  Okay, about DR too.  :P

Silent

samwalton1992@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 01:24:44 PM »

Yes, Lyn is a great unit, when Blade Lord all she seems to do is criticals with her bow. Amazing!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: