Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 12:54:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341023 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Question about SMT Nocturne
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question about SMT Nocturne  (Read 429 times)
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »

I've never played any of the SMT games even though most gamers talk about how great these games are. I did a little reading up on the series and found out that originally they started out as Megami Tensei and then later games became Shin Megami Tensei as they were created. What I gathered was that this was the main series and the Persona games seemed like a side story. I went to a Gamestop a few towns away and saw that they were still carrying PS2 games. One being this one and the other being Digital Devil Saga which I know is two games. I don't want to track down the other game and I rather start off trying out the series with a game in the main series as I also read that this is SMT 4 in the long line of games. I like more traditional RPG's not a super complicated story or gameplay elements. Also I doin't mind if they are random battle or turn based battles. I guess that's one of the reasons a Persona game never really appealed to me. I like simulation certain simulation games but this one controlling Japanese kids as they go through their regular routines with relationships and meeting other people didn't appeal to me at all. I didn't like the mix of simulation and RPG together as well as the whole setting of the game. Don't get me wrong I like modern games and games from this generation (not only old RPG's or RPG's with traditional gameplay elements) but there was just something about those games that didn't make me want to play and seemed like if I did buy it and playthrough it that it would be more of a chore than something fun to play. How does the main series compare are the simulation elements out of it or not
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:06:55 AM »

There's no dating sim stuff in SMT Nocturne.

Also do you know what paragraphs are?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »

Nocturne is my personal favourite of the PS2 games.

Also, that hurt my eyes to read.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: