Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 09:40:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327183 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Neptunia and Vita
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neptunia and Vita  (Read 680 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 17, 2013, 04:34:50 AM »

Apparently somebody at Compile Heart likes the Vita...

We already knew about the Idol Neptunia PP spinoff that's coming in June, but that's not an RPG (it's apparently an Idolmaster-like game in the Neptunia universe...) and it's not what this post is about.

No, apparently Compile Heart has announced two more Neptunia games, both coming this year for the Vita.  Milk a franchise much?

One of them, Hyper-Hyperdimension Game Neptunia Re;Birth1, is a remake of the original.  The other is a spinoff staring Black Heart.

Honestly I've yet to play a Neptunia game.  I'm just posting this because I thought it was interesting.  I'm not sure what they're actually doing for the remake (there weren't any real details), but if they improve the mechanics I might consider giving it a shot...seems like a reasonable place to start.  Compile Heart is clearly committed to this franchise...

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 04:45:17 AM »

I thought last year was going to be the year for this series.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 05:46:46 AM »

There comes a point when milking becomes too much and I think we've long past it. I mean, it's pretty crazy that we have 14 Assassin's Creed games in 7 years, but at the rate Compile Heart is going, they're going to beat that.

Or maybe I'm just spiteful that they haven't announced a new Agarest game beyond that ridiculous Agarest PSP title from last year where everyone looks 12.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:48:52 AM by Cyril » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »

To be fair, the original Neptunia game was pretty bad.

But yeah, not surprised at all that this is what Compile Heart latched onto.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 01:08:00 AM »

I imagine it's entirely our fault. For some godforsaken reason, the Neptunia games have a very, VERY passionate following.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 03:21:13 AM »

I imagine it's entirely our fault. For some godforsaken reason, the Neptunia games have a very, VERY passionate following.

Hey man. Don't drag me into this. I've all but ignored this series completely and it still hasn't gone away.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 09:23:24 AM »

I only played the original and still have a soft spot for it simply because most of the character designs are gorgeous. Not sure if I'd pick up a remake though. Maybe only for the fact that the Vita is kinda RPG starved right now and Soul Sacrifice has zero appeal. So it's looking to be an empty year.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 10:48:40 PM »

At least I'll have more things to play on my Vita. And I get to see more of Noire, since I hardly ever interacted with her in Mk 2.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: