Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 04:25:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  what we expect from a new chrono game story-wise?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what we expect from a new chrono game story-wise?  (Read 916 times)
salinger

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2006, 10:29:06 PM »

chrono series is a favorite to many rpgamers i think chrono trigger is in the fact the must cult game in the genre history (that not must to mean the must popular) we wait for third game more than 6 years but what we
really want this game to be? what the writers can to do with that? a direct

sequel to chrono trigger? and if so what can be done in such game a direct one to cross? or a new entery with new crew that only have the "feel" of the series? answer to this i maybe a squarenix agent you never know :)

anyway my dream for new chrono game is one that have crono as the main hero like he was in trigger only as adult man and as chatter one!!! and of course akira toriyma artwork!!! but i dont want the whole old party to return it wil destroy the charm of trigger crono can return becuase he wil feel like new. and i want the main quest to be time travel but to a new set of ages what yours view of a new one?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 10:33:33 PM »

Going with the theme of Time Travel, than Dimensional travel, what I'm thinking could happen next is space travel. This would seem to make sense to me actually because of the galactic threat Lavos is, not simply one isolated  to their one planet - There could easily be countless Lavoses out there, and who knows what their ultimate goal is in gathering the DNA of the creatures of each planet they inhabit?

I do need to replay CT and CC though...

Edit: I should not that I don't want the old cast to be the focus again, and part of the charm for the Chrono series, even when it fumbles, is that it does things that are /new/ to RPGs. I'd rather see a whole new game, a spiritual successor if you will, handle time travel than a new Chrono game, at least not time travel in the same world.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: