Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319049 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Bioshock Infinite
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Bioshock Infinite  (Read 2826 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2013, 04:08:02 AM »

OK, so there was a Bioshock infinite topic already but the last post in it was back in August 2011 and I'm not that into thread necromancy...

But seriously, game comes out Tuesday.  Looks pretty awesome.  IGN's review is up, but nobody else is allowed to tell you how they feel until Monday because of, you know, things.  Thems the breaks.

But it sounds like the game really does live up to its lofty promises.  Who's getting it?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 01:08:55 PM »

Looking forward to it. But I'll wait for the analysis of Digital Foundry and maybe some impressions before doing anything.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:27:40 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 09:07:26 AM »

The PC version looks amazing. I'm going to hold out for that or a potential next gen port.

Just a beautiful game. The art design looks fantastic and kudos for making a turn of the century game.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 02:01:34 PM »

Yeah, I love the setting and art style.  More so than the original Bioshock.  It's just neat...and different.  Nice to see something actually original in a shooter for once.

A next-gen port would be great.  I don't have a PC that could actually run it...

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 08:47:45 PM »

What do you think the chances of that are? If PS4 is coming already this holiday season hopefully it's pretty good.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 11:16:22 PM »

No idea, Yoda.  It does seem like a reasonable thing to do, but it's not like they've announced anything.

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »

Maybe a digital release is an option? Didn't they say that the PS4 will not be able to handle the physical media, but perhaps it could the digital.

Bioshock isn't my thing, but my husband is squee for the series. I'll probably be watching him play while I am going through EO4. :)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 02:29:25 PM »

The question wasn't whether or not say the PS3 version would run on the PS4 (though it won't, and being digiital or not is completely irrelevant), but whether or not they would release a port for next-gen hardware.  With very PC-like architecture it would not be difficult to do.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 12:35:15 AM »

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 12:52:52 AM »

Now I'm really curious how they converted code into miles...

Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 03:20:36 AM »

This game is looking really, really sweet and like it'll live up to what they established in Bioshock.

Furthermore, Steam is making it incredibly tempting to buy at the moment what with offering Bioshock and X-COM as pre-purchase prizes... I think I'm going to commit to that... I want X-COM so very badly... and original Bioshock would be awesome too, since I've never owned it, only borrowed. It's a great story and I wanna' go through it again with my gal in tow, cringing all the way haha :D

Just Greg, thanks.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »

Now I'm really curious how they converted code into miles...

I bet it's more mundane than you'd hope since it boils down to math in the end. It probably goes by how much code would fit at a certain font size on a page of paper, how many pages it'd take to print that all out, then multiplying that by how long each page is.
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 10:15:38 AM »

I'd prefer to know how many lines of code. That's more representative.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »

Anyone know if there's an "Easy" mode?  I want the game, but my lack of time with school, hobbies, and the fact I suck at FPS's makes me just wanna enjoy the experience without too-too much hassle.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 11:30:26 AM »

Anyone know if there's an "Easy" mode?  I want the game, but my lack of time with school, hobbies, and the fact I suck at FPS's makes me just wanna enjoy the experience without too-too much hassle.
Exact same thought process here. The games sounds incredible, but FPS's just aren't my thing. I'd hate to miss out on the experience, though. I love the setting.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: