Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:18:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319248 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Bioshock Infinite
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Bioshock Infinite  (Read 2857 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 01:01:09 PM »

Anyone know if there's an "Easy" mode?  I want the game, but my lack of time with school, hobbies, and the fact I suck at FPS's makes me just wanna enjoy the experience without too-too much hassle.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/bioshock-infinite/achievement/76369-Tin-Soldier.html

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 01:01:40 PM »

This game is looking really, really sweet and like it'll live up to what they established in Bioshock.

BioShock was way too hyped in my opinion. I loved the ideas behind it, but much of the narrative just leave me with the sensation that both games were pretentious and it didn't help either that the multiplayer in BioShock 2 was pretty annoying.

BioShock Infinite doesn't seem to be just full of ideas with questionable execution. We'll see.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »

Anyone know if there's an "Easy" mode?  I want the game, but my lack of time with school, hobbies, and the fact I suck at FPS's makes me just wanna enjoy the experience without too-too much hassle.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/bioshock-infinite/achievement/76369-Tin-Soldier.html

I got the "One Tin Soldier Rides Away" song stuck in my head now.  SPANKS.

Curious endgame spoiler hitting the grapevines:
Code:
Apparently has some "12 Monkeys" feel to it... we'll see if that actually turns out true

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »

BioShock Infinite reviews rounded up

BioShock Infinite Review by Adam Sessler

BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer (alternative link)

You can play BioShock Infinite's ultra hard 1999 Mode without completing the game

Source(s): Gematsu, Rev3Games, Eurogamer
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:12:25 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »

So many tweets today from people who have finished it already. Kind of makes me want the game slightly less. Although, games people tend to complete in 5 to 10 hours often take me 20 to 30 hours to finish, so who knows? I often wonder why that is, anyway. Maybe because I tend not to play games for more than 2 hours at a time, so a lot of my time is spent remembering what I was doing? Who knows, a subject best left for another topic.

In summation, I'm sure the game is wonderful but it doesn't seem like it has the length to warrant paying $50-60

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »

Some of the reviews I've read mentioned 15-20 hours.  Most seemed enthralled in the world and took the time to see all the little details instead of rushing through.

I've never played Bioshock before but probably going to download the Steam version this weekend.  I'm pretty interested.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »

So many tweets today from people who have finished it already. Kind of makes me want the game slightly less. Although, games people tend to complete in 5 to 10 hours often take me 20 to 30 hours to finish, so who knows? I often wonder why that is, anyway. Maybe because I tend not to play games for more than 2 hours at a time, so a lot of my time is spent remembering what I was doing? Who knows, a subject best left for another topic.

In summation, I'm sure the game is wonderful but it doesn't seem like it has the length to warrant paying $50-60

It's short, but I readily admit that I blew through it because I wanted to see where the narrative was going.  I could have spent more time exploring (I had damn near 30 lockpicks left at the end, so I know I missed a lot of shit), but the story is what was driving me forward.  If you wanted to take it slower and explore the world, then that option certainly exists.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 01:04:24 AM »

I'd rather have a mindblowing 5-10 hour game than a 20 hour game with some serious doldrums

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 09:23:29 AM »

I'd rather have a mindblowing 5-10 hour game than a 20 hour game with some serious doldrums
Same here. At least I get a sense of accomplishment in a reasonable amount of time. Longer games just take too darn...welll...LONG.
I'm like Mr. Klutz above, though, in that games that take other people 10 hours end up taking me double the time. I don't know if it's all the starting and stopping, or what, but even short games take me weeks to play through.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »

Gonna be hard for any game this year to top Infinite in my book.  Had a wonderful time with it and loved the ending. 
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »

Depends on if Dark Souls II hits?
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »

100% in agreement.  I'm also glad I grabbed the PC version where I won't give a fuck about achievements.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 06:50:33 AM »

"Irrational Games have gone live with eight alternate box arts for BioShock Infinite on the game's official website.

Instructions detailing how to print and cut each printout can be found here."
  -- Source: Gematsu
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »

I finished the game today and what an amazing game it is. For me this is easily among best games I played this generation.
The ending is really well crafted, without spoiling anything, I loved how it all wrapped up together.

Only thing sad, in me, is that I'm not the kind of people that usually can dissect a story as you go through it and point the details right away, I have to either let it sink in and think about it or read some constructive arguments about it.
So, if you are in someway like me, I recommend doing as I did, play in max in a 1 to 2 hours session and let it all sink in, thinking about what is happening and the game can be much more enjoyable then it already is.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 06:36:46 PM »

BioShock Infinite DLC to feature a new companion -- Source: Eurogamer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: