Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 11:34:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329458 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  THEY'RE BRINGING BACK DUCKTALES (WOO-OO)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: THEY'RE BRINGING BACK DUCKTALES (WOO-OO)  (Read 5287 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 08:26:11 PM »

But if anyone can weave that updated narrative, it's WayForward.  The Shantae games had good narratives and storytelling.  Nothing rivaling great literature, but good "Saturday morning cartoon" stuff.  And Sigma Star Saga had a very good narrative too.  It wasn't Xenogears, but it was above-average Saturday morning cartoon.    

DuckTales Remastered is in good hands.  

/WayForward fanboy. <3 Shantae!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:21:28 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 08:51:42 PM »

Yeah, while I'd normally oppose it we ARE talking about a Saturday Morning Cartoon. They could easily just make up a fitting reason and not really overwhelm us with a senselessly convoluted narrative like Sword of Mana
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

I have to be honest. I couldn't care less what they make the plot. I'm going to think of this as a new episode of DuckTales and I will be just peachy.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 11:49:47 PM »

Yeah, so long as they do that aspect well they could rationalize about anything that happens in the game more than well enough.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 02:11:11 AM »

Yeah. I suppose you all have a point. Besides, with the way you have to go through that spaceship in the original (let alone other stages like the Himalayas, Transylvania, and the Mines), having to look for piece parts along the way might actually with navigation or provide a better sense of progress (or hinder them if say you missed a semi-difficult to reach chest with a vital piece needed to advance and then you have to go back).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 09:47:38 PM »

Pardon the double post but: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/22/ducktales-remastered-tales-of-daring-remakes-and-grandpa-duck/

Okay, now I'm impressed with the effort that's going into this game (and yeah, just reading this makes me feel old "Secret passage? What's that!?").

Also, if I recall correctly, the movie was the last thing that Ducktales did prior to this (outside of comic books and references in other Disney shows/games) and that came out in 1994.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 07:26:33 AM »

There is also the Money Bin where you can dive and swim in the Money Bin.
YES VERY YES

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 12:25:49 PM »

I'm looking forward to this remaster. The graphic direction was handled impressively. I also can't believe they got back the voice actors, especially now that some of them are in their 90s. Wow!! Perhaps if sales do well, we might see other titles revisited (i.e. Talespin, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Quackshot). Of all those mentioned I'd like to see Quackshot, that game was insanely addictive and challenging back on the ol' days of the Sega Genesis.

Playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U).
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 05:50:24 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/04/ducktales-remastered-will-also-be-available-for-pc-woo-oo/

THEY'RE BRINGING BACK DUCKTALES FOR PC (WOO-OO).

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 08:37:28 PM »

you beat me to it.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 12:32:56 AM »

Let's hope Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers gets the same treatment. I actually enjoy it more than Ducktales.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 10:13:45 PM »

This is coming out soon.  August 13, I believe.  August is looking to be a great month for gaming.  This, Dragon's Crown, Hatsune Miku, Tales of Xillia...

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 02:09:02 PM »

Man, I have memories of playing DT at my buddy's house back in the day (I never owned it myself). Can't remember if I ever beat it... but I sure as hell enjoyed it. This is excellent news. This will be a day 1 purchase for me.

I'm glad to see they are looking to do Cn'D next. Like others have said, that one is also a classic. On that note, I seem to remember the Darkwing Duck game as being frustratingly difficult. Or am I thinking of something else...?
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »

"they" are bringing back Castle of Illusion, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-rfsYYLmgs
It looks pretty darn good.
I don't really remember much about Duck Tales. The show, yes, but not the game.

I just hope all these remakes are being adjusted to make them a bit more playable. What I tolerated back then, would probably drive me crazy now.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »

"they" are bringing back Castle of Illusion, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-rfsYYLmgs
It looks pretty darn good.
I don't really remember much about Duck Tales. The show, yes, but not the game.

I just hope all these remakes are being adjusted to make them a bit more playable. What I tolerated back then, would probably drive me crazy now.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about making this more playable as it was really accessible back in the day. The game was built on the NES Megaman engine, Scrooge's actions only consisted of running, jumping, climbing, pogosticking, and golf swinging, and the 5 stages are for the most part generally straight forward, plus Launchpad is in pretty much every level to act as a check/escape point. The hardest part for players would be figuring out some of the more obscure hidden passage ways and most of those only led to side rooms with bonuses and goodies.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: