Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 04:01:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341180 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl  (Read 7625 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »

I still can't decide if I'm sold on this.

I like the series, but a remake of the first game - with a story mode - just seems so out of left field.

Don't forget about classic mode! It has the best of both worlds.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »

Has anyone tried the demo yet? I don't have a 3DS but I would like to know some of your impressions.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:49:48 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »

Has anyone tried the demo yet? I don't have a 3DS but I would like to know some of your impressions.

I played it. Great as far as I'm concerned. If you enjoyed EOIV, no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this, but if you don't want story in your EO, just play Classic mode when it comes out.

They added some great options to this game. You can increase labyrinth walk speed now, also battle animation speeds.

One peculiar thing I noticed, which is probably exclusive to the story mode version of the game, is when I put points into Spear Mastery for my main character, it also proceeded to unlock 3 additional skills linked to the mastery and also put a point each into those skills. I was like, whoa free skill points and skills!

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2013, 12:17:44 AM »

I don't really care for HEAVY story in EO, but that raises the problem of this version coming off as just a mechanical update if played on Classic, and so I'll run through on Story.

Kind of funny going over the first floor again though, given you have company and
Code:
Ren instakilled the poison butterflys that have been a bane for starters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: