Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2015, 11:08:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
349471 Posts in 14256 Topics by 2245 Members
Latest Member: Xanxos
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Digital VS Physical
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Digital VS Physical  (Read 274 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 06:57:46 PM »

Here's the thing with physical games for me.

I can go over to my game box, pull something out, and for the most part remember the circumstances around me getting it.

For my Steam library it's a bunch of me opening it up and wondering where half of it came from.

Also, as I've said before, in a pinch you can snap a CD in half and use it as a shiv.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »

I prefer games in physical because they look great on a bookshelf. Plus they used to come with a physical manual, but it seems the trend these days is to get access to view the manual via internet/electronic (paper/cost saving for the company?). I'm not a big fan of that method though because I like to have the physical manual in my lap so I can change focus of the video game on screen and what I'm reading in my lap. It also gives my eyes time to adjust or take a break between mediums.

It's nice to buy the physical copy in stores too. I've casually browsed GameStop and other stores and looked at the game cover to decide whether or not I want to purchase the game. I don't have to wait for the game to ship. I can just go home and put the game into my console and immediately start playing vs. downloading via PSN or Nintendo's eShop.

I know digital storage can be an issue for other gamers too. I don't have too many titles so I don't have to worry about space on my console/portable like others. I can imagine the hard drive space for the upcoming Final Fantasy XV and Xenoblade Chronicles X will be huge pain for gamers to download/store on their consoles.

I used to collect a lot of CDs, but after I grew tired of a particular genre I sold a mass collection of CDs to a store at the time "Sell It On eBay," since I was too lazy to sell and ship them through eBay, heh.

I also love to collect video game soundtracks to RPGs I dig, but often times I have to import a physical CD from Japan if they don't sell an mp3 collection of the soundtrack online. My most recent purchase was the soundtrack to Xenoblade Chronicles.

Playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (3DS) and Hyrule Warriors (Wii U). Woot. I finally bought my first Amiibo: Toad.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: