Author Topic: Songs from Final Fantasy XV  (Read 1124 times)

Ramza

Songs from Final Fantasy XV
« on: August 15, 2016, 10:44:13 PM »
http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/ff15-songs/

1) What's cooler? That this is the first FFXV music release, or that it's Florence and the Machine doing it?
2) What do you think is the best of the 3 tracks here?
3) Do you think the Florence soundscape will mesh with the Shimomura BGM/OST, or is it too jarring a change?
4) Outside of this release (since we haven't heard the context of these songs in-game yet), what is the best FF vocal theme?

The only thing I'll answer is #4 -- if I can include all FF games, it's Noel's Theme "The Last Hunter" sung by KOKIA in XIII-2. Sticking to main-numbered, I think the first one is still the best one: Faye Wong's "Eyes On Me." With "Distant Worlds" (FFXI Chains of Promathia) in a close second.

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
Re: Songs from Final Fantasy XV
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:35:38 PM »
FFXIII-2: New Bodham, hands down... partially because I love the track, but partly because I really hate pop songs in video games, and that's not a pop song, more like an epic with some spacey vocals here and there. The one from FF9 is bearable, the rest are crap. Noel's theme is fine, though I prefer the instrumental version "Run!", MUCH better, as it's one of my favorite FF tracks period.