Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:48:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread  (Read 13889 times)
DanSensei

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2014, 04:25:59 AM »

Just finished listening to the new episode. Really great and makes me wanna try Grinsia, even though that song kinda steals the Song of Storms from Ocarina of Time at 0:12. It really does sound a lot like Chrono Trigger. I love when games have retro style soundtracks like this. In fact, I'm working on a game like that now, with a soundtrack done by me, but real life is being really horrible, bring up one problem after another. I hope I can solve them all soon and get back to this game.

Of course when I complete it, I have to find someone to make graphics so the whole thing is NES styled ;)

Anyway, I was kind of hoping to see Hometown from FF5 on there, since that's probably my favorite hometown track. Maybe too predictable though. If I was going obscure, probably Love Shining Inside from the Saturn version of Legend of Heroes: White Witch. They redid the game in a total anime style with FMVs and everything, likely trying to cash in on Lunar's audience, and even though it didn't get any of its sequels remade in the same style, that version is an underrated gem that's well worth checking out, especially if your experience with that game consists of the PSP port.

Really good call on Shining Force 2, though! That's still my favorite SRPG ever made, and the music is amazing!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »

Great episode!  Here's some of my favorite town music that wasn't already in the show:

Your Affection (Never More album version) - Persona 4
Boy Meets Girl (Twoson music) - Earthbound
Wonder Castle (Holt Village music) - Disgaea 2

Your Affection (every version) is amazing, and it has almost made it into the show a few times. Good call. I like those other two tracks, too! I'm not normally into Disgaea music, but I really like the quirky thing going on in that track. Definitely reminds me of the series, so they definitely have a charateristic 'vibe' in the music, which is definitely  a success.

DanSensei, you're working on a game right now? Making the music for it? I'm fascinated ;)

I do like FF5's soundtrack, too. I'm not super familiar with Legend of Heroes on Saturn, but I found a good JDK band arrangement of that track you mentioned. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybiir1c6xeU). Definitely gives me a Lunar vibe.

Yeah, I love SF2. That game sure got me into a lot of things, and is certainly part of the reason I'm here today!

Thanks again to everyone for feedback and for listening! We've got two episodes being scheduled right now, featuring a composer guest! PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »

New ep recorded and edited, coming very soon.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2014, 12:52:08 PM »

episode 16 is live. LISTEN TO US CHAT WITH SEAN SCHAFIANSKI, AND HEAR GOOD MUSIC.

ALSO we just hired a new co-host. Look out for the Rhythm Encounter duo to become a trio starting in episode 18. ;)

Also, I switched to new editing software, which has some great tools for reducing background noise and hiss. Please do let me know if you think this episode is an improvement (or a decline) in terms of quality!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:55:27 PM by Taelus » Logged

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »

A few quick announcements regarding the show:

A) Derek's going to be stepping down as co-host for a while. Real life has a way of continuously devouring our time, and the good Hamburger is focusing on his studies. I hope all of you will join me in wishing him luck and thanking him for being a fantastic co-host for almost two years!

B) Our follow-up episode with Sean Schafianski is on hold for a bit, as Sean himself is quite busy. BUT

C) We've hired a new person whose voice you'll recognize if you've been following the show. This new person will be joining me as co-host as we forge ahead into a new beginning. Derek's shoes are too big to fill, and we won't even try to do so. Instead, we'll make new shoes to stand alongside them. Hurray!

D) We've recorded an episode, and I'm hoping to have it ready for you all by the end of the week. Please look forward to it, and what will slowly become a more regular release schedule, moving forward!

Mike
Administrator

SHOVEL JUSTICE!

MoonFlareDesign
View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2014, 11:30:47 PM »

Derek's shoes are too big to fill, and we won't even try to do so. Instead, we'll make new shoes to stand alongside them. Hurray!

My shoes are bigger! I mean, not my podcasting, metaphor shoes that you're talking about here. Just my literal, gigantic shoes that are on my actual feet. (They were even the highlight discussion at work today)

We all appreciate what Derek has done with the show, but we also didn't want to let the show flounder; He'll be missed, but we also hope you all stick with us and enjoy where the show goes from here. I'm going to be more involved with the show as well, which is why you're seeing a rare post from me of all people here.

The next episode is coming sooner than you may think - please let us know your thoughts!

"Your sins lay heavy upon you, defiler of souls."
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2014, 11:12:56 AM »

Derek's shoes are too big to fill, and we won't even try to do so. Instead, we'll make new shoes to stand alongside them. Hurray!

My shoes are bigger! I mean, not my podcasting, metaphor shoes that you're talking about here. Just my literal, gigantic shoes that are on my actual feet. (They were even the highlight discussion at work today)

We all appreciate what Derek has done with the show, but we also didn't want to let the show flounder; He'll be missed, but we also hope you all stick with us and enjoy where the show goes from here. I'm going to be more involved with the show as well, which is why you're seeing a rare post from me of all people here.

The next episode is coming sooner than you may think - please let us know your thoughts!

Are you sure? I wear size 13W. ;) And you know what they say-- big feet, big... love for RPGs.

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »

...8.5 over here. 
Mike
Administrator

SHOVEL JUSTICE!

MoonFlareDesign
View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2014, 12:06:54 PM »

FIFTEEN, MOTHERFU... oh good, all staff members are derailing this topic. :D But yeah, I also have big love for RPGs.

I guess it's okay until the episode is out and there's something new to talk about.

"Your sins lay heavy upon you, defiler of souls."
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2014, 12:02:59 AM »

And you know what they say-- big feet, big... love for RPGs.

We actually talked about that on an episode that I was on!  Can't remember if it was Rhythm or Random Encounter.  But at the time, I thought it was "big feet, big... shoes."

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2014, 04:16:33 PM »

Hey folks-- just FYI, I mentioned this in the episode, but feel free over the next few months to send us any requests you have for our music of the year audience picks segment. If you want to hear it, tell us! Doesn't have to be from this year (though that's of course welcome), just has to be something we haven't played before, as best as you can recall!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: