Author Topic: RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread

Dalamud_Descends

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread
« Reply #390 on: June 01, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »
They played a tavern theme from the Witcher 2 in the Inn/Rest themed episode a while back, but that was it, I believe.  Another theme that you could do would be large scale battle/war themes.  These could be from SRPG games or RPGs with large scale battles in them (eg. Suikoden series).  Also, please find a way to get some Lunar music somewhere in an episode.  Here's some suggestions:

Lunar Silver Star Story:
City of Magic
Fairy Rain
Solitary Wolf
Fighting Through the Darkness (for sheer 90's cheese factor)

Lunar Eternal Blue:
Field to Tomorrow
Footsteps to the Decisive Battle
White Mask Funk

Looking forward to the next episode!  Also, for a great non-RPG soundtrack, check out DustForce!  Awesome OST!

Mike

• Administrator
  • Oathkeeper
    • View Profile
    • Valkyrie Studio
« Reply #391 on: June 01, 2016, 09:29:27 PM »
That's right! We did an "Inn" episode, but a "Tavern" specific one is actually on our list of future plans, as well. :)

We'll definitely be giving battle themes a break after our battle trilogy, however, I like the idea of specifically using songs from particularly large scale battles. It's an interesting twist.

And yes, somewhere, we need to get more Lunar on the show. We'll look into it!
"Don’t be ridiculous. Martha Stewart isn’t a demon. She’s a witch. Nobody could do that much decoupage without calling on the powers of darkness."

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 28, 2016, 09:41:59 AM »
I know this wasn't part of the podcast per se, but I just wanted to say that interview with Yuzo Koshiro that RPGfan did was pretty awesome IMO.... he did some of the OSTs for games I liked growing up so that was cool to see... totally random I know... I think it was like a 1 year and a half ago or something but it's one thing that brought me to this site.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 20, 2016, 05:08:40 PM »
Sweet!  New episode of Rhythm Encounter!  Very excited about this. :)
I was going to repeat myself about how much I enjoy Dice's presence in this podcast, but then thought better of it.  And then I heard that utterly hilarious cold open from Dice and now I just have to mention it.  I almost embarrassed myself with a massive guffaw in the office.  So... nice job, Dice.

Thoughts on Rhythm Encounter 27 - "Foliage Ocean in St. Louis"

- Forest of Elrit / Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Not an Odin Sphere fan, but this is kinda everything I want from a "sun-dappled forest" theme.  I mean... I think the forest in question is probably sun-dappled.  I mean, the music sounds sun-dappled, so....  Anyways, I was going to ramble about this being different-but-similar for Hitoshi Sakimoto, but it turns out this was actually composed by Mitsuhiro Kaneda (Grand Kingdom).  The loop's kinda short, but the whole flavor of everything about this works.

- Into the Woods / I Am Setsuna
There's something about solo piano that makes music emotional.  I've raved about solo piano many times on my Rhythm Encounter analyses, but I'll rave again.  This makes me want to play I Am Setsuna, despite all the blasé reviews.  It also makes me want to watch Into The Woods and sing along, but... that has nothing to do with the music itself.
**I was under the impression that the entirety of the Setsuna OST was solo piano? Whoops, you guys addressed this.
**Also, props to Dice for working the word "flurry" into her description, that was well done.

- "Antipyretic - arrange -" from FINAL FANTASY TACTICS / DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY -Arcade-
Listening to this almost doesn't feel real.  Tactics is by far my favorite game of all time and I have put about 2000 hours of my life into it.  So... I'm obviously super familiar with the music.  Hearing it professionally rearranged for another game is pretty darn cool.  I love that the main melodic hook feels almost IDENTICAL to the original, while still having improved fidelity.  And it somehow even feels more epic with the revised instrumental support.  The Tactics soundtrack has a very distinct flavor, and I appreciate that this arrangement of Antipyretic doesn't lose much of that flavor at all.
Wouldn't call it "foresty" really, but that could just be me.  Hard to be objective.
**Ramza is GORGEOUS in Dissidia.  I have never been so attracted to a male video game character, ever.  He is flat out hot.  Man, I need to get out more or something.

To be continued, of course.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Lian_Kazairl

• Taskmistress
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Podcast Momma
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 20, 2016, 10:34:22 PM »
Wouldn't call it "foresty" really, but that could just be me.  Hard to be objective.

It wasn't meant to be. The first three tracks are recent picks, and those don't have to follow the theme.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 21, 2016, 12:07:03 PM »

It wasn't meant to be. The first three tracks are recent picks, and those don't have to follow the theme.

HA!  You're right, of course, and I forgot that because of the first two "recent" tracks.  That makes me dig having Antipyretic there all the more, since it's plopped right in the middle of all these forest themes.

Idea: should I take a shot every time someone says "foresty" in this episode?  I have a good feeling about that one.

Thoughts on Rhythm Encounter 27, continued

- Extensive Forest Green / Ys SEVEN
As someone who bagged on Jawsh for calling Ys music "far superior" to Zelda's, this is easily up there with a lot of Zelda tracks.  Still has that trademark "Ys energy", but is much more melodic, which I appreciate.  Love the upbeat percussion that drives it, too.  That's really what makes it feel special.  Unfortunately, too short.
**Yes, "energy and movement" are good words for this one.  Nice, Lian.

- Totems of the Grizzlemaw / World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
This doesn't really match its title at all.  The name evokes gnarled, leafless branches under a red sky.  But the music itself is like... the frickin' forests of Lothlorien or something.  I did like the changeup to the fiddle-driven, Old Celtic feel when it hit (reminded me of Braid), although it sort of clashed with the ethereal feeling established at the start (which was most welcome when it returned).  An interesting and beautiful track, and i'm glad it made it in to the podcast at the last minute.  I especially enjoy the river sounds in the background, which I find quite calming.
**So that "fiddle" I heard was actually this "nyckleharpa" or whatever?  I have never heard of that thing.

- Rain in the Dried Up Valley / Atelier Ayesha
It was a bit jarring to jump into these heavily synthesized instruments after the last track, but after the initial impact it began to feel familiar.  I do enjoy the Gust synth soundtracks, and Atelier is always pretty good when it comes to having an acceptable style to their soundtracks.  This one feels a bit jumbled, but pleasant.  I feel like there's a particular brand of "happy" that Japanese composers seem to have nailed down, and you can hear it here.  It's difficult to describe, but I think you know what I mean.

- Moogle Woods / Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
I think one complaint that nobody with ears has ever made against this game is that it's soundtrack isn't good.  Some of my all time favorite VGM tracks are from CC franchise, and this beautiful mood piece here is a good example of why.  I love music that makes me feel like I'm actually in a fantasy world, and this piece nails that feeling so well.  Although it lacks a really memorable melody, it still transports your mind with those synths and flowing hooks.  Everything in this piece feels "soft", which I like.

- The Venerable Forest / Star Ocean: The Second Story
I'd say this track is an All-Time Great.  Honestly, the SO2 "sound font" is so... odd, with it's highly synthesized orchestra with layers and layers of synth piled on top of each other.  But, back when I was young, it definitely achieved a sense of "epicness" that I had never felt from game music before.  Not only that, but its distinct style makes it easily nostalgic, too.  So every time I hear this piece, I'm back on Expel with Claude and Rena and I have that same feeling I had before; like I'm exploring a strange and beautiful medieval planet.  The melody here is so evocative I can hardly stand it.  The minor key stirs up my heart every single time.
**YES, "sounds important", that's the perfect way to describe the feelings it still gives me.
**"Dias is the most kickass character in the game."  Is he, though?  In battle, I mean?  I feel like Claude and Ashton both outclass him easily in battle.  You're right about Leon, though.  Useless kid.
**There are plenty of hot guys in games whose bodies are spilling out of their outfits.  Not Dias, though.  Or the dude from Berseria.

- Eruyt Village (FINAL FANTASY XII) / The ETHEReal String Project
Ahhhhhh......
I feel like XII's soundtrack is oft underrated, so I really enjoy it when it gets some tracks rearranged like this.  This one really brings the melody forward, but without making it the centerpiece and losing that ambience that's so strong in XII tracks.  True to the name, the string instruments really stand out here, even when they're just establishing mood.  They resist the urge to let the piano take over, and I think the track is stronger for it.
It would be nice to read a book outdoors with this playing in the background for a while.
**Man, I remember my roommate making so much fun of Eruyt Village.  He was always like "Hey, a village full of Playboy Bunnies.  How creative."  I mean, it definitely feels like paradise when you're there, but he has a point.
**Building a treetop village is probably the first idea I've ever heard that makes Minecraft sound somewhat appealing.

- Kingdom of Ixa'taka / Eternal Arcadia [Skies of Arcadia]
Ha!  This is great!  Not only is the melody bouncy and great, but I love the whooping in the background!  This put a smile on my face right away.  The contrast of the mournful sounding flute with the happy melody is so interesting, and of course the Spanish guitar underneath it all totally works.  This track is the complete package.  I tried Skies of Arcadia once and couldn't get into it, but I really should try again.  What's the best format/console to play it on?  Could I play it on my Wii U gamepad perchance?

- Yakou Mori / Xenoblade Chronicles X
The soundtrack of this game got a lot of hate from some fanboys, but man I loved it.  The OST here has a ton of personality, and you can REALLY feel it in this track.  That "one by oooonnnne...ONE BY ONE" feels so awesome every single time!  And then the high pitched flute melody kicks in and it's like GRRAAGAHGAHG!!!!  I'm getting goosebumps from this one.  I don't know how well it would work if I hadn't played Xenoblade X for over 100 hours, but it definitely takes me back to the amazing moments I had exploring this corner of the planet that you hear it in.  Over many many hours, I still could never resist whistling that melody.
**Dice: ........no.  No.  No "Final Fantasy Ecks".  Stop that nonsense now.  That's even sillier than pronouncing the letter X as "cross".  I get that people have a way that they're accustomed to pronouncing something, but when you know it's obviously wrong then you revise your behavior.  Do the moral thing, Dice.  I believe in you.
**I also agree with Dice in principle about doing away with Normal Battle themes so you can keep hearing the overworld themes, but that normal battle music served an important gameplay function in Xenoblade X in that oftentimes it was the only thing that really indicated to the player that an enemy was coming after them.
**Also: FINISH THE DANG GAME.  :P

- Lost Forest / Legaia Duel Saga
I had to double check, but yes, this is the game that Sakimoto and Mitsuda BOTH worked on along with Michiru Oshima.  And yet it doesn't necessarily have the "signature style" of either composer.  It, of course, is still really good though.  On this track (not sure which composer did it), that driving acoustic guitar is right up my alley.  I mean, honestly, this track has so many layers of gorgeous, I really can't help but wish somebody would pony up the requisite cash required to get these three folks collaborating on another game.
**I agree that his one feels "more Sakimoto", but more in the structure than the sound.

- Makna Woods / Xenoblade Chronicles
This track is beautiful.  The piano melody is truly special, although sparse, and when the flute takes over it's just as good.  On top of that, you've got a sweet sounding acoustic guitar riff playing underneath, and then the whole thing breaks down beautifully, only to be built up again.  So I'm VERY curious to hear what Dice's complaints are about this one.  The short loop, perhaps?
**Yep, I think I got it: grinding in a forest with a short loop.  Not good.

- ??? / Guest's Choice Super Mario RPG - Beware the Forest Mushrooms
Turns out I've heard this one a bunch of times and various VGM radio stations I listen to.  Had no idea what game it was from.  It's DISTINCTLY this composer (trying to avoid spoiling it), though, especially this version.  My favorite part of this arrangement is that violin.  Everything else feels familiar, but that violin over the top of everything makes it special.

Awesome episode guys, I'm so grateful for all of your hard work!

And, for the record, although I think I have already posted about it, I enjoy the length of the show very much.  I like having many different tracks in each episode.  HOWEVER: if shorter shows means more frequent Rhythm Encounters, then I would be in support of that, too.
As it is now, though, each episode feels like a treat, an event.  And I love it.  As I've said before, of all my podcasts, this is my FAVORITE podcast.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Lian_Kazairl

• Taskmistress
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Podcast Momma
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2016, 04:52:05 PM »
- The Venerable Forest / Star Ocean: The Second Story
**"Dias is the most kickass character in the game."  Is he, though?  In battle, I mean?  I feel like Claude and Ashton both outclass him easily in battle.  You're right about Leon, though.  Useless kid.

I mean, Claude and Ashton may very well be better damage dealers in the long run, but Dias is pretty overpowered when you first meet him (for story purposes). It's kind of a JRPG trope, now that I think about it: you meet a character who wipes the floor with you, but he ends up joining your party, and your main hero ends up outclassing him (because main heroes are special snowflakes in most JRPGs). Dias is still infinitely more badass than either Claude or Ashton, though. I mean just in terms of appearance and his battle voice (particularly in the PS1 version).

I tried Skies of Arcadia once and couldn't get into it, but I really should try again.  What's the best format/console to play it on?  Could I play it on my Wii U gamepad perchance?

This is a very good question. I know you can play the GameCube version on a Wii with a GameCube controller, but I don't think you can play it on a Wii U.

- Lost Forest / Legaia Duel Saga
On this track (not sure which composer did it)...

This one is composed by Sakimoto.

Awesome episode guys, I'm so grateful for all of your hard work!

And, for the record, although I think I have already posted about it, I enjoy the length of the show very much.  I like having many different tracks in each episode.  HOWEVER: if shorter shows means more frequent Rhythm Encounters, then I would be in support of that, too.
As it is now, though, each episode feels like a treat, an event.  And I love it.  As I've said before, of all my podcasts, this is my FAVORITE podcast.

As always, thank you so much for these amazingly kind words. It's so nice to hear from people who have as much fun listening to the show as we have making it! ^__^

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 23, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »
You're welcome, of course!

And yeah, there's really no denying that Dias' voice is amazing.  Claude and Ashton sound like total wimps compared to his gravelly, sex-infused brogue.

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 27, 2016, 02:30:37 PM »
I tried Skies of Arcadia once and couldn't get into it, but I really should try again.  What's the best format/console to play it on?  Could I play it on my Wii U gamepad perchance??

The game goes for 100+ now if you dont still have it.  As Caitlin said Gamecube or Wii is your only choice or the orginal dreamcast version.  Alternativly you can watch us do a blind playthrough on Monday nights on our Twitch page which allows you to experince the game without actually playing it! Its win win! The music in the game is fantastic and for my first time playing it I am really enjoying it despite the stupid high random encounter rate.  The one thing this soundtrack does that I love is during boss fights if you are about to die the music gets serious in tone, or if your about to win it changes to a heroic tune.  Its actually really awesome.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:59:25 PM by ScottC »

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2016, 05:40:38 PM »
Every time I think about that game, I keep hearing "It is time.. FOR YOU TO DIE!" in my head.

Dalamud_Descends

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 02, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »
Mike!  You remembered! Just got done listening to the new podcast and love that you have Lunar some love.  Both Silver Star and Eternal Blue are amazing soundtracks that seem to have been lost to antiquity.  Either way, it is much appreciated that you made mention of my constant nagging on you guys to represent Iwadare and his awesome music on the podcast.

I was a little skeptical of the new format, to be honest.  It seemed like there was less music in the same amount of runtime that the older podcasts had.  Not that I don't enjoy the commentary, but I love a good selection of music and the track list from the last few recordings was smaller.  All that went away with this new podcast.  I am fine with the format if it means more frequent recordings.  Just a little feedback.  At the end of the day, I love this show and will continue supporting you guys!  Loved Alana as well!  Though she needs to remedy the whole "never played Lunar" thing!

Mike

• Administrator
  • Oathkeeper
    • View Profile
    • Valkyrie Studio
« Reply #401 on: October 03, 2016, 12:28:51 AM »
I don't consider it nagging! Given RPGFan's heritage, it was well overdue that Lunar gets some love on the show, so I appreciate the suggestion! I've always adored that theme in particular too, so it was pretty fortunate that we planned this maps/fields episode.

We're still working on the format thing – without giving too much away, we'll be talking about that when episode 29 releases. Though episode 29 also features TWO guests, so we have three more tracks than usual, on what I think is a really great topic idea. So look forward to that, and keep the feedback coming! We love hearing it.
"Don’t be ridiculous. Martha Stewart isn’t a demon. She’s a witch. Nobody could do that much decoupage without calling on the powers of darkness."

divingfalcons

• Honorary Blue Rogue
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #402 on: October 03, 2016, 03:06:36 AM »
At the end of the day, I love this show and will continue supporting you guys!  Loved Alana as well!  Though she needs to remedy the whole "never played Lunar" thing!

Awww, thank you! I loved being on and was really nervous recording, because I have a tendency to repeat myself. Hopefully you'll hear from me again.

I do plan on playing Lunar. I'll make that promise to you.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 19, 2016, 03:42:28 PM »
Thoughts On Rhythm Encounter 28, "Strange Wilderness"

Somehow I have always (until yesterday) missed the fact that the woman with the Australian(?) accent is Divingfalcons, who is an active and lovely forum member here who is always kind and helpful.  Now I know to read her posts with an accent.
*NOTE: The more I listen to her, the more I am second-guessing that Australian guess.  But it doesn't sound like any of the British accents I'm familiar with.

Either way, super excited for yet another Rhythm Encounter!  My favorite podcast.
And I am subscribed to this, but not through iTunes, unfortunately, as I have no iTunes account.  But I am subscribed through Pocket Casts on my android phone.  And... that's just as good, right?

Giza Plains / Over the Sky -Final Fantasy XII-
5 seconds in and I already love this.  It's so cheerful that I can't help but smile.  The familiarity from the source material helps cement that emotion, but this remix is just different enough to be interesting as well.  The synths here are pretty darn good, too.  I thought the flute was a live instrument at first.
Honestly, this is exactly the kind of music I want playing when I am exploring a beautiful locale.  In a game or IRL, for that matter.
I really liked that it started very simple and it just added layers and layers until the climax, then went back to the simpler aesthetic from the beginning.

The Cold Morning Star Passes / Tales of Vesperia
As someone who is currently playing Tales of Graces f, I appreciate this.  However, the appreciation comes with a smirk, as this sounds like it's just exactly the same as one of the main field themes from Graces.  Or Xillia.  Or Symphonia.
These Tales games have good and creative field themes for a lot of their areas, but there's always a few that sound just like this: Generic Wall of Synth Noise.  In a vacuum, they're not bad to listen to.  They're kind of neat.  But in-game, they can get a bit grating on a loop.  Just too busy, and the melody isn't distinct enough.
*That being said, everything you guys said about it is pretty on-point.  Can't argue with it.

Neverending Journey / Lost Odyssey
Alright.... now THIS was cool.  Not a massive fan of electric guitar in RPG themes (especially field themes) but THIS..... THIS, man.  Totally unexpected and fascinating.  I REALLY liked the acoustic guitar at the beginning, joined by the flute (every RPG soundtrack needs flute somewhere), but when it broke down into that electric guitar portion, it was super-effective.  I liked it in spite of my biases.  "Aggressively epic" would be my two word description.
*ok, I typed that bit about flute well before I got to where you guys went on your spiel thing about flute.  Glad we're on the same wavelength there.

Street of Memories / Persona 3
So, for someone who doesn't play Persona games, I sure get excited when music from the franchise crops up on Rhythm Encounter.  While this track isn't quite as "Persona style" as a lot of others, some of it is still there.  And I don't think "miserable" is a fair term for this track!  "Melancholy" maybe, but it's a very pleasant listen.  It's not depressing or boring.  I like the feelings it evokes. The piano even sounds like a rain, a little.
*maybe I would consider it depressing if I had the experience of the game to give it context.  But on its own, I thought there was a certain sweetness to this track.
**pfft, ok, Mike just said that same thing about the context.  Maybe I shouldn't type anything until you guys are done talking.  But I won't do that.
***"All of Persona music would be good music for sitting in a cafe" YES AND THAT IS AWESOME for some reason

Urban Noise / Parasite Eve
This lived up to its name.  I always forget that Shimomura did the OST for PE because it really doesn't feel like her signature style at all, which is fine.  But this track felt like good "background noise", for me.  It sets an effective mood, but it's not something I enjoy listening to on its own.
*I agree about the instrumentation, though.  It's cool and distinct, and the beat gives it that metropolitan feel.

Sea of Sand -Shallistera- / Atelier Shallie
This, on the other hand, is gorgeous.  The Atelier series consistently has fantastic RPG music, and this track could hold its own against anything from the big-name JRPG franchises.  It kind of has a Western feel (with a capital W), which I like a lot, but it doesn't go too far.  I think if they replaced the flute with a whistle it would sound like it came right out of a Wild Arms game.  But the flute keeps it feeling "European", if you will, which is a necessary part of the Atelier aesthetic, if you ask me.
Incidentally, "Atelier Aesthetic" would be a good name for a remix album of Atelier songs.
*I'm playing Rorona right now and I'm worried that I will also start to feel like it's work.  But for now (early days yet) it's still just fun silliness for me.
**Also, in Rorona, Water is the easiest resource to get; you just draw as much as you want for free from the well behind the atelier.  It's odd to imagine an Atelier game without water.  Neat.
***"Familiar", "light", and "happy" are three good words for Atelier music.  Nice job on those, Divingfalcons.

Toward the Horizon / Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Oh man.... what does this remind me of?  Google says the composer of this piece is Noriyuki Iwadare, who has done............. Radiata Stories?  I don't know if that's what this reminds me of, but either way this track smacks of Turn-of-the-Millennium JRPG music, all the way.  Which makes sense, I guess.  It's not bad at all, and not even generic.  But it definitely feels formulaic and sort of like a product of its time.  But a GOOD product, nevertheless.  It's cute and fun and has that yummy JRPG flavor!
*NOTE: I am aware that Iwadare has also done Grandia, Growlanser, and Langrisser, but I haven't played ANY of those and yes I am a terrible person.

Around in the Wilderness / Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Hmm.... this doesn't sound like a Star Ocean song much at all, at first.  But as it gets more synthy it does just barely start to have that SO feel.  Kinda feels like it needs a little bit more structure, though.  A bit "too" environmental.  Like... it's not really doing any one thing or another.  It's just sort of there.
*I can hear that "funk" you guys are talking about, yeah, but... still, it's just not enough to give this track a stronger identity.

Field of the Machinae / Xenoblade Chronicles
Good dear sweet heavens XBC has amazing music.  How the heck does every track I hear from this game impress me so much??  Like many others I have heard from this game, this track is so richly layered and lush I can't help but feel moved in my heart.  And it's so distinctly sci-fi, too, while still feeling like an RPG field theme.  Tracks like this can really make me want to play a game immediately.  I wish I had more words to use to praise this game and praise its layering and instrumentation, but I feel like I would just be repeating myself over and over.  Utterly amazing, and this narrowly beats out the Giza Plains remix for my Favorite Track of the Episode.
*Anyone know which composer did this track?  XBC has like 5 composers, so....  was it ACE+, maybe?  Nothing on the Xenoblade wiki has the name "Field of the Machine".
**After a little more research, I was right, it was ACE+.  Apparently this is 3 different composers?
***Dang it, I did all that research, and you guys just came out and said it was ACE+.  See?  I should wait before I type all this crap.

??? / Guest's Choice (Into The Thick Of It from Secret of Mana)
This was... really extremely pleasant and nice.  And.... I'll just have to actually play this one of these days.  Is it on Wii U VC?

Amazing episode once again, guys.  Sorry it sometimes takes me a while to get around to episodes, but I always love it when I do!

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 19, 2016, 06:39:54 PM »
Yep, that's our head of reviews, Alana.  She lives in England, but more than that is not mine to say.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut