Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 05:21:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338316 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread  (Read 15627 times)
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 27, 2013, 12:15:09 AM »

Since we're now three episodes strong, Stephen and I figured it was time to make a thread for Rhythm Encounter. Feel free to discuss our latest topics here, give us suggestions/feedback, share your fond (or not-so-fond) memories, or whatever you like!

Rhythm Encounter Podcast Page | iTunes Page | RSS Feed

Our most recent episode, Flights of Phantasy, is a look at the classic Phantasy Star series. Please listen and let us know what you think!

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:15:56 AM »

I listened and I think it's just swell.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 02:32:24 AM »

So, if anyone is interested-- please do feel free to offer suggestions for music you'd like to hear, topic ideas, and anything else in this thread. If I don't hear anything, you're going to keep getting topics that fascinate me and Derek :)

Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »

Getting caught up now that I'm up to speed on Random Encounter, so I've only run through the first episode. Right now, the only suggestion I have is it'd be rad to have the same theme, but remixed differently. Like, given a more classical treatment, if at the same tempo, or straight piano - just to make it more of a different show, but still very much linked to its parent, right? That'd be slick. Get back to you as more comes to me, but still, good start, gents!

Just Greg, thanks.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:39:02 PM »

Thanks a ton for the feedback! And I'm glad you pointed that out-- that was an idea I wanted to try to expand on too! You'll see it a teeny bit in episode 3, and if you have any suggestions for a theme you'd like to see us do this with, please let us know! I hope you enjoy the rest :)

And because I thrive on ego alone, be sure to rate and/or review us on iTunes :)

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »

Enjoying the series so far, brings back a lot of memories. Might be least original suggestion ever but you guys should do an episode or two on boss/battle themes. The FF series itself could probably take up an episode on that topic but some other good ones might be Pokemon, Persona 4 (vita remix), Super Mario RPG, Pokey Means Business (earthbound), Bloody Tears (Castlevania 2 though I don't know if people actually consider that an RPG) and Matthew Patel's boss theme from Scott Pilgrim vs The World is pretty awesome (not sure if RPG either). Also, finding some interesting remixes on OCRemix could provide new perspectives on songs we've all heard many times, though I don't know if you would need permission to play them in a podcast. Anyways, keep up the good work.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »

I'm actually looking into that-- though I don't think OCR would have a problem. And as always, thanks a ton for the feedback. Though I've said this to many people, we are actually planning some episodes that will incorporate many of your topic ideas-- boss themes for sure-- and we'll probably do a few episodes on Final Fantasy (NES series, SNES era, PS1 era, etc) and other big ones. And as much as I'd love to cover the entire OST from Scott Pilgrim, it actually would not fall into our coverage, sadly (basically, if the main site covers it in terms of news and reviews, it's fair game for us in the Music section).

And again, thanks very much for the suggestions and feedback-- we ALWAYS appreciate it.

And if you want to throw us a rating/review on iTunes, that's always welcome :) #shill

Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 11:19:33 PM »

Episode 4 is live.

"Phantasy Stars Universe, it will shine onnnnnnn~"

Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »

Say hello to Episode 5 - Ormond Alliance.

We were really glad to get Casey back on the show. What are your favorite tracks from the Ivalice games?

(I'm trying to stoke the fires of discussion, okay!?)

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 10:56:53 PM »

gave the last episode a listen a few days back, and thought it was great to have the episode all about Ivalice Alliance.

Keep it up!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 04:51:07 PM »

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Ivalice needs as much love as it can get. NEVER ENOUGH.

Appreciate you popping in for feedback :)

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 02:25:17 PM »

Awesome job on the Summer Chill soundtrack. At first I was confused with the introductory three songs, however the rest of the episodes were definitely solid. This episode is really helping pass the time at work today

You guys totally got the point across...at least for me. A lot of the songs brought back memories of my summer vacations as a teen, and topping it off with Suikoden II was just...so good. I hadn't heard that tune in years, but it totally brought back all the emotional investment that so many fans have with Suikoden II.

Great work guys, again, keep it up! I'm really look forward to the next episode!!!

Also, I hear that mint chocolate chip ice cream is the bee's knees...(I really do think it is)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:36:29 PM by ultra7k » Logged
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »

You have earned yourself a shout-out. :D Thank you so much for listening and giving your feedback! It really brightens my day every time I hear that someone enjoyed the show.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »

Not even finished listening yet, and I have to say two things:

- Thanks for the shoutout on the Torchlight music.  Stephen, I assume you were making a Vanilla Ice reference there?

- The music behind you as you discussed the brutal heat of summer was awesome.  Well done. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 02:01:41 PM »

Thanks, Tooks!

+1 to you for my obscure 90's pop culture reference.

And yes. That music was from Fallout, which you ALSO reviewed ;).

Glad you're enjoying it!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: