Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319175 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Music Podcast (Rhythm Encounter) Thread  (Read 7449 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »

Has Final Fantasy XIV anything to do with the big delay on the podcast? Just curious xD

http://backloggery.com/holykael1 - For all my playing shenanigans
"It takes nothing but a single pint of milk to ruin the pure, black magic of the coffee."
"Darker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself...that is coffee."
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2013, 04:08:14 PM »

actually, just so everyone knows we are still alive:

The podcast is definitely coming this week. I've been swamped with graduate work, applications to work, piano lessons, and regular job work-- could I have taken the time I spend after relaxing with FFXIV and finished the show? Probably yes, but I didn't want to force editing when I wasn't feeling it, because why release a lackluster show?

so, you'll definitely see the episode this week, and we are already planning the next. FEAR NOT! My apologies to everyone for the delay.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2013, 01:14:07 AM »

IT IS HERE AND GO LISTEN

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2013, 05:26:53 AM »

This episode was AWESOME!
I really want to play Xanadu Next and Zwei II now(Though I had already read Tom's Posts on Xseedgames forums where he gushes about them aswell).
There was not a single track in this episode I didnt like, Falcom music is amazing.
I would have picked a version of Silent Desert of Ys Origin(outside of the obscure picks), I love both the Super Arrange and the regular version of that track.

My favourite tracks from this episode were:

Into the Castle from Dinossaur Ressurection, it gives off a very weird mood, making Dinossaur Ressurection seem like a very bizarre game and a very interesting one aswell. i think this track would totally fit in a streets of rage game for whatever reason.

Snowbound Sacred Mountain from Nayuta no kiseki was my favourite of the bunch, what an incredible track... Awesome stuff. It feels very much so like something that would be created for an Ys game.

D.A.Y/B.R.E.A.K/ - I share the same feelings as Stephen on this one track, just an awesome opening theme

You guys need to have Ice Ridge of Noltia from Ys I and II Chronicles in an episode someday.. That song is incredible.

"It takes nothing but a single pint of milk to ruin the pure, black magic of the coffee."
"Darker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself...that is coffee."
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2013, 02:34:55 PM »

Well, now I may want to revisit the Legend of Heroes PSP games.  Was not expecting this feeling to happen, ever. 

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »

still listening to this episode and just at the part where you guys talk about Sorcerian and Brandish IV.

Since we are on the topic of Falcom, did the Korean remake by Mantra for Ys II (known as Ys II Special) contain any different music? I remember playing it as a kid and then comparing the gameplay to the actual Ys II and the difference was night and day....

update:

finally finished the episode...wow there's some awesome stuff...some of it is just so...invigorating...it makes me want to play Ys now.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:55:48 PM by ultra7k » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »

Unfortunately, ultra, I'm not sure. That would be a better question for Derek, or even Tom since he's the expert :)

And yeah, some totally rad music.

IN OTHER NEWS:

We a recording an episode tonight that should be available for your Halloween pleasure.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2013, 08:07:31 PM »

THE NIGHTMARE CONTINUES

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1886.html

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2013, 10:24:59 PM »

Amazing! I almost cried hearing "Souls of Fire". The game is almost two years old, but it's so haunting, yet beautiful. 

Currently playing: Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting on: Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »

Oh God KQV...Dat track...

Thanks for drudging up my childhood nightmares.
That forest gave me the chills so bad.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »

Yeah, Souls of Fire is crazy good. Dark Souls music in general is just so incredibly well-suited to the game, but most of it is so intense and dark that those few peaceful songs are that much more potent.

And no problem ultra, getting killed by the damn witch made me rage out so hard. When I finally finished that section, I was like 'THAT'S RIGHT I'M THE BOSS,' so if you can imagine a 5 year old yelling at the computer screen and jumping on the chair, that would be me.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2013, 10:12:27 PM »

Dude, that King Moogle Mog song has the melody from Mog's theme in FF VI in it.  It's especially evident at the end of your sample, where there aren't any lyrics. 

SLAM-Dancing Moogle

Also, yeah, you're right.  The song sounds like the lost Moogle-themed track from The Nightmare Before Christmas.  With a sprinkling of Tenpei Sato. 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2013, 08:02:20 PM »

Dude, that King Moogle Mog song has the melody from Mog's theme in FF VI in it.  It's especially evident at the end of your sample, where there aren't any lyrics. 

Utterly and completely mindblown..
Currently listening to the episode, just reached this king moogle mog part, going to post my final thoughts once I finish it.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »

Great episode guys as usual.
Im a bit disappointed at the lack of more Castlevania tbh xD. I played the whole xenosaga trilogy back to back for the first time this year earlier in the summer and it was incredible.. I know it may be hard to believe but I liked episode 2 more than 1, better soundtrack, story and character development. I was not a fan of the change in the art direction but at the end of the day that is a rather inconsequential detail, I really liked the battle system though I missed the customization and the flashyness of episode 1. Episode 3 perfected everthing, soundtrack, battle system, story, mech battles.. Tbh it's easily among my top 5 all time favourite Rpg's. With that said, Albedo fit perfectly in this episode, great choice.

Some of my personal picks for the Halloween/Fall Season would be:
- Black Dream from Chrono Trigger - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfi_F4YPA6s
- Omega System Xenosaga 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzKwVALPJU
And tons of castlevania music xD but I would single out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwS6481oQk
Cmon guys ! Where is Quietus?! Or for that matter any other song from 999, that game has a super creepy atmospheric soundtrack(though only a masterpiece if you played the game)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:51:32 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

EndofPi

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2013, 08:43:36 PM »

I just wanted to say that before listen to the podcast I took a lot of the music forgranted. Most of time while playing a game I would be listening to a podcast or an audio book. Now, not so much, instead I try to embrace the atmosphere of the game unless big grind. So once again thanks. BTW just started Puppeteer. I know its a platformer but the music is superb and its apparently done by someone who worked on a bunch of movies like Harry Potter.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: